Sadik Kaceli (14 March 1914 – 2000) was an Albanian painter. He studied in Paris at the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts (1936–1941). Kaceli was one of Albania's best known painters. He was awarded with the People's Artist of Albania and the Honour Citizen of Tirana medal. He created the first series of the Albanian lek. In 1994 he received the People's Artist of Albania through Sali Berisha. In 2016 Sadik Kaceli was given the  Honour of Nation Order. He is one of the founders of National Art Gallery of Albania, designed the first version of the Albanian lek, made the People's Republic of Albania Coat of Arms.
Sadik Kaceli (86 years)
Sadik Osman Kaceli
14 March 1914
|Died||2000 (official aged 86)|
|Resting place||Varrezat e Sharres, Tirana, Albania|
|Education||Henri Matisse & Académie des Beaux-Arts, Paris, France|
|Known for||Painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics|
|Awards||Honor Civilian of Tirana|
People's Artist of Albania
Merited Artist of Albania
Honor of Nation Order
Kaceli attended the Harry T. Fultz Technical school from 1929, and began a drawing course in 1931.
He was the brother of Jonuz Kaceli, a well-known businessman and dissident of the Communist Regime in Albania. Fadil Kaceli, is also a brother of Sadik. His son, Buron Kaceli, is also a painter and former politician, deputy in Parliament of Albania, Vice Mayor of Albania's capital, Tirana, and the countries Director of Culture.
A monografi of Sadik Kaceli was released in 2008 and translated into English in 2009. It contains the story of his life, works, unpublished notes, admiration and gratitude. A street in Tirana is named after Kaceli.
- Hamzai, Dhurata (25 October 2008). "Sadik Kaceli i panjohur" [The Unknown Sadik Kaceli] (in Albanian). Gazeta Tema.
- "Qytetar nderi i Tiranes" [The Painter Sadik Kaceli, Honour Citizen of Tirana medal in 2000] (PDF) (in Albanian). Tirana Municipality. 2 October 2000.
- Xoxa, Eli, 1955- (). Kaceli : 1914-2000. Xhelo, Pranvera. Tiranë: Art Galeri "Kaceli". ISBN 978-99956-694-0-9. OCLC 607572588. Check date values in:
|date=(help)CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Xoxa, Eli (2008). Kaceli: 1914-2000 ; monografi (in Undetermined). Tiranë: Botimet Enciklopedike. OCLC 730010336.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Sadik Kaceli|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sadik Kaceli.|
- Socialist Albania since 1944: domestic and foreign developments, Volume 23
- Albania today
- Albania through art
- The Harriman review, Volume 9, Columbia University, Harriman Institute, 1996