Sadaf Taherian (Persian: صدف طاهریان, romanized: Sadaf Taheriyan; born July 21, 1988) is an Iranian model and former actress. She has had appearances in Iranian movies and television. After leaving the country, Taherian posted unveiled images of herself on Facebook and Instagram that were denounced by Iran's ministry of culture and Islamic guidance.
|Occupation||Former actress, model|
Taherian started her modeling career after leaving Iran. She works with cosmetics, beauty and healthcare companies in countries including Turkey and the UAE. She is fluent in Persian, Turkish and English.
Taherian began her professional acting career with a role in the film Nobody, Nowhere (2011) (fa). She followed it with another roles in four television series, including Woodpecker (2011) and Like a Dream (2012).
Removing the HijabEdit
In October 2015, Sadaf Taherian posted uncovered photos of herself on Instagram and Facebook in protest at being forced to wear a headscarf, and said she will speak out about the "dirty cinema of Iran". She has also posted videos on her Instagram account, saying that she had left the country for nearby Dubai and her account was not hacked.
Iran’s law deems hijab mandatory for women since the establishment of the Islamic Republic in 1979. In reaction to Taherian's act, the ministry of culture and Islamic guidance denounced her ‘immoral’, banned her from acting, and photoshopped the traditional head scarf back into the shots.
She started her modeling career after leaving Iran. She worked with cosmetics, beauty and health care companies as model. In 2016, Watsons, that known as the largest health care and beauty care chain store in Asia, worked with Taherian for beauty and health products. Her images are used in many beauty and fashion magazines, but not in her native country. She has also been involved in several fashion promotional videos.
- Hich Koja, Hich Kas (Nobody, Nowhere) (2011)
- Pas Kuche-haye Shemrun (Shemiran's Back alleys) (2012)
- Gharar-e Baadi, Hamān Ja (Next Date, Same Place) (2013)
- Asr-e Yakhbandan (Ice Age) (2015)
- Telefon-e Hamrah (Cellular Phone) (2011)
- Darkub (Woodpecker) (2011)
- Mesl-e Yek Khab (Like a Dream) (2012)
- Filmi Kutah Baray-e Hamsaram (Short Movie for my spouse) (2010)
- "بیوگرافی صدف طاهریان + عکس". نمناک (in Persian). Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- Saul, Heather. "Sadaf Taherian: Iranian actress who published photos on Instagram without a hijab banned from working". Independent. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Iranian actor Sadaf Taherian's hot and sexy photos are creating a flutter online - see pics". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Iranwire". Iranwire. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- ".: Iranian Movie DataBase صدف طاهريان :". www.sourehcinema.com. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- habibi, soha. "بیوگرافی صدف طاهریان". اطلاع نیوز (in Persian). Archived from the original on 2019-08-23. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- "حاشیههای 'کشف حجاب' دو بازیگر زن ایرانی". BBC Persian. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "بازیگر زن ایرانی کشف حجاب کرد/جنجال تازه در اینستاگرام و شبکه های اجتماعی". Tarafdari. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Iranian actress loses job after posting her images without head scarf". AT. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Iranian actress condemned as 'immoral' and banned from working for no hijab Instagram pictures". The Independent. October 29, 2015.
- Richard Lord (27 October 2018). "Watsons: the story of the oldest established business in Hong Kong". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- مدیر. "صدف طاهریان مدل تبلیغات محصولات دست چندم ترکیه +عکس". ساتین (in Persian). Archived from the original on 2019-08-23. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- "صدف طاهریان و پیشنهادها در ترکیه!". نمناک (in Persian). Retrieved 2019-08-23.