Sad Song (The Cars song)
"Sad Song" is the lead single by the American rock band the Cars from their 2011 studio album Move Like This, and the final single put out in their lifetime (discounting reissues). A brief clip of the track was released in December 2010; the full song was released to radio on March 1, 2011.
|Single by the Cars|
|from the album Move Like This|
|Released||March 1, 2011|
|Genre||Rock, new wave|
|Label||Concord Music Group|
|The Cars singles chronology|
Exclaim! magazine comments on the song saying "[d]espite the title and lyrics, it doesn't sound particularly sad, as it contains a cheery beat and a catchy mix of synths and guitars". Critics have noted the similarity of "Sad Song" to the band's earlier singles, such as 1978's "My Best Friend's Girl" and 1979's "Let's Go".
|Canada Rock (Billboard)||49|
|US Hot Rock & Alternative Songs (Billboard)||33|
- "The Cars Ready To Move In May". FMQB. February 4, 2011. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- Hudson, Alex (February 4, 2011). "The Cars' New LP Gets Release Date". Exclaim!. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- Hyden, Steven (May 10, 2011). "The Cars: Move Like This Music Review". The A.V. Club. Retrieved June 3, 2011.
- Wood, Mikael. "The Cars 'Move Like This': Buckle up, it's a bumpy cruise down '80s Avenue". Spin. Retrieved June 3, 2011.
- "The Cars Chart History (Hot Rock & Alternative Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved September 19, 2019.
- "The Cars Chart History (Canada Rock)". Billboard. Retrieved February 13, 2021.