Sacred Heart Cathedral, Mandalay
The Sacred Heart Cathedral (Burmese: ရွှေနှလုံးတော် ကက်သလစ် ဘုရားရှိခိုးကျောင်း) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Mandalay, Myanmar. Consecrated in 1890, the cathedral is located on 81st Road between 25th and 26th streets.
|Sacred Heart Cathedral|
ရွှေနှလုံးတော် ကက်သလစ် ဘုရားရှိခိုးကျောင်း
|Location||81st Road, bet. 25th and 26th Streets |
|Denomination||Roman Catholic Church|
|Consecrated||8 December 1890|
It serves as the headquarters of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Mandalay (Archidioecesis Mandalayensis), follows the Roman or Latin rite and is decorated with blue and white colors. It was dedicated as its name indicates the Sacred Heart of Jesus a traditional Catholic devotion honoring the Heart of Jesus of Nazareth, as a symbol of divine love.
- "Pierre-Ferdinand SIMON (1855-1893)". Asia France Research Institute. Retrieved 2020-05-03.
- Sacred Heart Cathedral (Mandalay)
- Planet, Lonely. "Sacred Heart Cathedral - Lonely Planet". Lonely Planet. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- Law-Yone, Wendy (2014-07-01). A Daughter's Memoir of Burma. Columbia University Press. ISBN 9780231537803.
- "Sacred Heart at 82 St (between 25 and 26 Sts), Mandalay, Mandalay 02 (Filtered by: 02) Myanmar". www.thecatholicdirectory.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- Cummings, Joe. Myanmar (Burma). Lonely Planet.