Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo León
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)
Coat of arms of the Municipality of Sabinas Hidalgo
|Motto: Noble Pasado, Fecundo Porvenir|
("Noble past, fecund future")
in Nuevo León state.
|Foundation date||July 25, 1693|
|Population||32 040 (2005)|
|Population density||19.28/km² (2005)|
|UTC||- 6 hours(Central)|
|Telephone code number||824|
| Sources: INEGI, |
Enciclopedia de los Municipios de México,)
Sabinas Hidalgo is located in the northern part of the state at north latitude 26º31' and west longitude 100º10', lying 313 meters above sea level. It shares a border to the north by Lampazos; to the south by Salinas Victoria and Higueras; to the east by Vallecillo and Agualeguas; and to the west by Lampazos, Villaldama, and Salinas Victoria.
The town was officially founded as Real de Santiago de las Sabinas on July 25, 1693 by General Ignacio de Maya. It had been inhabited since 1692.
- (in Spanish) Municipal government
- "Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico". e-Hillerman: The Tony Hillerman Portal. University of New Mexico Libraries. Retrieved August 14, 2018.
- Stephanie Lulay, After Fire, Nuevo Leon Owners Open Canton Regio on 18th Street in Pilsen Archived 2017-08-31 at the Wayback Machine DNAinfo, January 12, 2016
- (in Spanish) News and general information about Sabinas Hidalgo
- (in Spanish) Parque la Turbina