Saakshyam (transl. Witness) is a 2018 Indian Telugu-language action film produced by Abhishek Nama on Abhishek Pictures banner and directed by Sriwass. Starring Bellamkonda Sreenivas, Pooja Hegde in the lead roles with Sarath Kumar, Meena, Jagapathi Babu, Ravi Kishan and Ashutosh Rana in supporting roles and music composed by Harshavardhan Rameshwar. The film received mixed reviews from critics and became a commercial failure.
|Produced by||Abhishek Nama|
|Written by||Sriwass |
Sai Madhav Burra (dialogues)
|Music by||Harshavardhan Rameshwar|
|Cinematography||Arthur A. Wilson|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
The movie starts with a group of people forcefully taking away a cow and its calf trying to follow them. The scene shifts to the house of Raju Garu (Sarath Kumar), where the family has gathered for the naming ceremony of his son. Just then, a group of people come there with the calf and inform them that Munuswamy's (Jagapathi Babu) brothers have kidnapped the calf's mother (who belongs to the temple) along with many other cows. This leads to Raju Garu beating up Munuswamy and bringing the cows back.
The news of his brothers' humiliation reaches Munuswamy, and he and his three brothers (Ravi Kishan, Ashutosh Rana, Madhu Guruswamy) go to Raju Garu's house, where the celebration is going on. They brutally kill every member of the family, except for Raju Garu's wife (Meena), who gets injured. Raju Garu manages to distract the brothers while his wife runs away with the child, but he becomes weak and is unable to continue due to her deep injury. Just then the calf (whose mother was saved by Raju Garu) comes and stands in front of her. Raju Garu's wife takes this as a sign, wraps the child in a shawl, and ties him onto the calf. The villains come just in time to see the calf running away, and a chase ensures. The calf manages to evade the villains and land the baby on a truck carrying soil. The villains see the child falling down the cliff and believe him to be dead. In order to conceal their crime, they set fire to the cowshed, as the cows are a witness to the murders.
The story then goes into a narration where the narrator explains that even though Munuswamy is happy that he has destroyed every witness to his crime, he has forgotten that the five elements of nature that are present everywhere have witnessed his crimes and will surely take their revenge for his atrocities.
Meanwhile, the child is carried to a soil mine, where the truck dumps him along with the soil. A passerby sees the child, takes him to Kasi, and leaves him there. A childless couple, Siva Prasad (Jayaprakash) and his wife (Pavitra Lokesh), are there to pray for a child and are overwhelmed to see him. The couple then leaves for the USA with the child.
20 years later, Siva Prasad and his wife are shown to be celebrating the success of their company. A reporter asks about their son Viswa, who would be taking over the multi-billion dollar empire, but Siva Prasad states that Viswa is not interested in taking over the business as he is interested in developing games. Viswa (Bellamkonda Sreenivas) and his friends are introduced. They are in the process of developing a new video game, which they are sending in to a company to be released. Unfortunately, their video gets rejected due to lack of culture factor. Viswa and his friend (Vennela Kishore) run into a girl named Soundarya Lahari (Pooja Hegde), who gives lectures on Hinduism and culture in the temple. Viswa is instantly smitten, so he and his friend follow her to get her help in developing the game with culture elements. However, Soundarya is offended by their offer of money and says flatly that culture is not something to be sold. Viswa and his friend help Soundarya's sister (Jhansi) and brother-in-law (Brahmaji) to secure jobs, using his influence, which leads to Soundarya reluctantly agreeing to help Viswa. She introduces the group to Valmiki (Ananta Sriram), who helps by giving them a unique idea for a game which resembles Viswa's life story - about a boy whose entire family was killed by villains and The five elements of nature taking revenge on the villains through the boy.
Meanwhile, Soundarya leaves for India to see her father Tagore (Rao Ramesh), who was bedridden by Munuswamy's gang for fighting against them in court. Viswa follows her to India and starts developing the video game there. He was shell-shocked when he discovers the story of the video game happening in his real life. He tries his best to stop it, but in vain. Also, Soundarya accepts Viswa's love for his efforts to save her and agrees to marry him. Finally, the nature elements take revenge on all the villains through Viswa.
- Bellamkonda Sreenivas as Viswa, a video game developer and designer
- Pooja Hegde as Soundarya Lahari, a woman who teaches Hinduism and culture
- Sarath Kumar as Raju Garu, Viswa's father who dies in the hands of Munuswamy and his brothers
- Meena as Viswa's mother who gets injured and ties her son to a calf
- Jagapathi Babu as Munuswamy, the man who killed the calf's mother
- Ravi Kishan as Munuswamy's 1st brother
- Ashutosh Rana as Munuswamy's 2nd brother
- Madhu Guruswamy as Munuswamy's 3rd brother
- Kabir Duhan Singh as Viswa's business rival
- Jayaprakash as Siva Prasad, Viswa's adopted father who takes care of Viswa
- Pavithra Lokesh as Viswa's adopted mother who takes care of Viswa
- Vennela Kishore as Viswa's friend who helps him get Soundarya to help them with their video game
- Rao Ramesh as Tagore, Soundarya's father whom Soundarya was planning to visit in India
- Posani Krishna Murali as Defense Lawyer
- Sameer as Raju Garu's brother
- Jhansi as Soundarya's sister whom Viswa and his friend helped to get a job
- Brahmaji as Soundarya's brother-in-law whom Viswa and his friend helped to get a job
- Krishna Bhagavaan as Soundarya's Paternal uncle
- Hema as Soundarya's aunt
- Annapoorna as Soundarya's grandmother
- Raghu Babu as Siva Prasad's assistant
- Y. Kasi Viswanath as Advocate Murthy
- Ananta Sriram as Valmiki, a game designer (cameo appearance)
- Sri Pusapati as Sri, a Cognos Developer (cameo appearance)
The first look and motion poster was released on October 18, 2017.
The teaser of the film was released on April 18, 2018.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Harshavardhan Rameshwar chronology|
The soundtrack of this film is composed by Harshavardhan Rameshwar. All the lyrics are written by Ananta Sriram. Music released on Junglee Music. A single track 'Soundarya Lahari' was released initially on May 4, 2018, through the internet. The complete audio was released on 7 July 2018 in Hyderabad.
|1.||"Design Your Destiny"||Harshavardhan Rameshwar, Haricharan, Jithin Raj||4:53|
|2.||"Ishq Karle"||Haricharan, Yadhu Krishnan, Janani||3:44|
|3.||"Soundarya Lahari"||Jithin Raj, Aarthi||4:18|
|4.||"Dung Dung Dung"||Padmalatha, Manasi, Ananthu||4:07|
|5.||"Shivam Shivam"||SP Balu, K. J. Yesudas, Hariharan, Kailash Kher, Bombay Jayashri||12:18|
|6.||"Cheliya Choode"||Harshavardhan Rameshwar, Madhu Priya||3:25|
The film was released on 27 July 2018.
- "Saakshyam (2018) | Saakshyam Movie | Saakshyam Telugu Movie Cast & Crew, Release Date, Review, Photos, Videos". FilmiBeat.
- "Saakshyam review by jeevi - Telugu cinema review - Bellamkonda Sai Sreenivasa, Pooja Hegde". www.idlebrain.com.
- "Bellamkonda Sreenivas' having hard time with hits". Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Eros Faces Huge Loses With Bellamkonda Srinivas Sakshyam Movie; 30 Crores Loss Because Of Saakshyam?". tupaki. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "Bellamkonda Sreenivas and Pooja Hegde's Sakshyam Pre- Look: Nature is The Witness". Retrieved 27 October 2017.