SSP Group plc is a British multinational company, headquartered in London, England, which operates branded Catering and Retail units at over 125 airports and 270 railway stations around the world as a concessionaire. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
|Traded as||LSE: SSPG|
|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Vagn Sørensen, Chairman|
Kate Swann, Chief Executive
|Products||Restaurants, Cafes, Bars, Fast Food|
|Revenue||£2,564.9 million (2018)|
|£195.2 million (2018)|
|£142.7 million (2018)|
Number of employees
The business was established as a division of Swedish airline SAS Group under the name of SAS Catering in 1961. Its Select Service Partner (SSP) division was acquired by Compass Group in May 1993 for £72 million. Compass then merged SSP with several other companies it owned, including Travellers Fare, British Rail's former catering division which had been privatised under a management buy-out in 1988 before being bought by Compass in 1992. In 2006 the business was bought by EQT Partners for £1.822 billion. The company was the subject of an initial public offering in 2014.
SSP operates a large portfolio of small brands, many of which are locally specific. Significant brands include:
- Millies Cookies
SSP also provides outsourced catering on board a number of train services, operating under the brand RG (previously Rail Gourmet). Clients have included Abellio Greater Anglia, Arriva Trains Wales, Chiltern Railways, DB Schenker, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, Eurostar, Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Gatwick Express, Hull Trains, Iarnród Éireann, National Railway Company of Belgium, Norwegian State Railways, First ScotRail, Thalys and VR.
SSP provides services at the following airports:
- "Annual report 2018" (PDF). SSP Group. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- "EQT to acquire Select Service Partner from Compass" (Press release). EQT. 9 April 2006. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Compass sells Moto service stations and Upper Crust food chain for £1.8bn". 10 April 2006. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Travellers Fare". Cinven. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Shares rise in SSP stock market debut". The Telegraph. 10 July 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Brands". SSP Group. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "SSP — RG". www.railgourmet.com. Retrieved 2018-01-16.
- Neilan, Catherine (2015-07-22). "Thameslink slammed as staff sacked with four days' notice". Retrieved 2018-01-16.