SM Aura Premier
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
SM Aura Premier is a large upscale shopping mall located along McKinley Parkway corner 26th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig Metro Manila, Philippines, owned by SM Prime Holdings, the country's largest mall developer. It is the 13th SM Supermall in Metro Manila and 47th SM Prime mall in the Philippines. It is the 2nd SM Supermall to be called "Premier" after SM Lanang Premier. The shopping center is situated near its rival mall Market! Market!, owned by Ayala Malls, a real estate subsidiary of Ayala Land, and affiliate of Ayala Corporation. It is designed by EDGE Interior Designers and Arquitectonica.
|Location||Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines|
|Address||26th Street corner McKinley Parkway|
|Opening date||May 17, 2013|
|Developer||SM Prime Holdings|
|Management||SM Prime Holdings|
|No. of stores and services||300+|
|No. of anchor tenants||8|
|Total retail floor area||198,257 m2 (2,134,020 sq ft)|
|Public transit access|| BGC Bus: EX02 C01 NR11 Market! Market!|
The name of SM Aura Premier derived from the two elements gold (which has the chemical symbol Au) and radium. According to SM Prime Holdings, Inc., the name defines “luxury and elegance that emanates from within.”
The mall had its inaugural blessing on May 16, 2013; a day before the grand opening. Numerous celebrities, government officials including Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, Taguig City Mayor Lani Cayetano, company officials, and VIP guests graced the blessing, including SM Prime's Henry Sy and Hans Sy. Hollywood celebrity Sarah Jessica Parker also graced the blessing. She also cut the ribbon for The SM Store, as well as being the newest endorser for their "Love to Shop" campaign.
The development includes the Skypark, a multi-level green roof. It has al fresco bars & restaurants, sculptures and botanical gardens, a 1,000-seat performance hall called Samsung Hall and the 250-seat Chapel of San Pedro Calungsod.
Designed by Miami-based architectural firm Arquitectonica, the structure will be a basic “dumbbell” arrangement determined by the narrow site, with the main entry at the north corner, and the office tower located at the southern end. The main vehicular drop-off is provided on the western side, with taxi stations on the first basement, accessed from the lower, eastern road.
The high-end mall consists high-end and international fashion brands such as Stuart Weitzman, Joseph (UK), Calvin Klein, Stradivarius, Uniqlo, Topman, and Topshop. Other tenants include Crate & Barrel, Ramen Nagi, Todd English Food Hall Manila (now The Food Hall), and Fitness First Platinum.
It also featured two regular cinemas equipped with Dolby Atmos sound system, two Director's Club Cinemas, and an IMAX digital theater at the fourth floor. It also features an SMX Convention Center at the third and fourth floors.
Samsung Hall, located at the 6th level of SM Aura Premier, is a 1,000-seat performance theater that has been graced by multiple international acts such as Sungha Jung, Mayday Parade, Charli XCX, Metric, Before You Exit, Oh Wonder, Why Don’t We, and iKon.
SM Aura Office TowerEdit
The mall is connected to a 29-story office tower which has an area of 40,424 square meters (435,120 sq ft). The SM Aura Office Tower is built according to international green standards, with efficient use of energy and sustainable operation features. The Office Tower is also home to one of the largest serviced offices in the Philippines, with 400 seats in a 20,000-square-meter (220,000 sq ft) office space. As part of Bonifacio Civic Center, the tower also houses several government offices such as Social Security System, PhilHealth, Pag-IBIG Fund (Home Development Mutual Fund), Philippine Postal Corporation, and Taguig City Government. The Aura Tower also houses corporate offices such as Uber, Lixil Philippines, Cisco, Regent Foods Corp., and Ezaki Glico International.
Awards and recognitionEdit
SM Aura Premier is also the first and sole mall to be certified Gold under Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for its green features in the retail sector in the Philippines. The LEED Certification is an internationally recognized standard awarded to institutions that follow the strict regulations governing green architecture and construction. It is a citation awarded to a distinct few by the US Green Building Council.
There is a legal battle between the Bases Conversion Development Authority and the SM Aura Premier. The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), in a statement, refuted the claim of SM Prime Holdings Inc. that the controversial SM Aura mall in Taguig City was legally built based on a deed of conveyance (DOC) between the local government and BCDA.
During his term, former Taguig Mayor Sigfrido Tiñga initially went into discussions with the Ayala Group on the use of land. However, the discussions on land use was carried over to the term of his successor, Lani Cayetano.
- "SM Prime Holdings |" (PDF). SM Prime. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "SM PRIME CREATES NEW LANDMARK WITH SM AURA; SETS NEW STANDARD IN GREEN DEVELOPMENT". SM Prime Press Release. 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2013-05-18.
- "Contact Us | SM Aura Premier". June 10, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-06-10.
- Savills, K. M. C. "SM Aura Tower". kmcmaggroup.com. Retrieved 2021-03-08.
- "Andrew Petch - adoboLIVE: Behind the SM Aura brand". adoboLIVE on YouTube. Sanserif Inc. May 17, 2013. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Cacho, Katlene (2013-05-17). "SM now spans 5.9M sq.m." SunStar Cebu. Retrieved May 18, 2013.
- "Sarah Jessica Parker in Manila for SM Aura Premier opening". BusinessMirror. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "Hollywood star Sarah Jessica Parker attends blessing of The SM Store in Taguig City". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- Moral, Cheche V. "Sarah Jessica Parker finds Manila exciting, interesting". Inquirer Lifestyle. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "Ready your eyes for the IMAX experience at SM Aura". GMA News.
- Dumlao, Doris C. (May 20, 2013). "SM puts up 3rd SMX Convention Center in Taguig City". Philippine Daily Inquirer.
- "SM Aura Premier launches Office Tower". Manila Bulletin Online. Retrieved Sep 16, 2014.
- "KMC Solutions Launches One of the Largest Serviced Offices in the Philippines". PR Newswire. Retrieved Sep 16, 2014.
- "Share unbiased news and stories about Bonifacio Global City and McKinley Hill". June 27, 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-06-27.
- "SM Aura gets award for green features". Philstar.com. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- Talavera, Catherine (February 11, 2017). "SM Aura Premier wins LEED Gold certification". Manila Times. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- "SM Aura receives LEED Gold Designation". Primer.com.ph. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "Deed for SM Aura construction misinterpreted - BCDA". GMA News. Retrieved September 1, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SM Aura Premier.|
SM Lanang Premier
| 47th SM Supermall
SM City BF Parañaque