State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu
This article has an unclear citation style.August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
The State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited (SIPCOT) (Tamil: தமிழ்நாடு அரசு தொழில் முன்னேற்றக் கழகம் (வரையறுக்கப்பட்டது) is an institution owned by the Government of Tamil Nadu to promote industrial growth in the state of Tamil Nadu.
|Founded||1971; 49 years ago|
|Founder||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Headquarters||19-A, Rukmani Lakshmipathi Road, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600008|
|Dr. Niranjan Mardi, IAS, (Chairman and MD)|
|Owner||Government of Tamil Nadu|
The SIPCOT was formed in 1971 to promote industrial growth in the state and to advance term loans to medium and large industries.
The Functions of State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited (SIPCOT) are:
- Development of industrial complexes/parks/industrial estate in Nallamballi Road growth centres with basic infrastructure facilities
- Establishing sector-specific Special Economic Zones (SEZs);
- Implementation of Special infrastructure Projects;
SIPCOT has established industrial complexes in 16 areas, according to the SIPCOT webpage. These include:
- Thervoy Kandigai
- Vallam - Vadagai 
- "SIPCOT History" (PDF). tn.gov.in. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "SIPCOT Function" (PDF). tn.gov.in. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "SIPCOT Estates" (PDF). tn.gov.in. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Industrial estate to come up in Dharmapuri district". tn.gov.in. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "SIPCOT Estates". webtopicture.com. Retrieved 30 October 2012.