|Traded as||AIM: SSY|
|Industry||Space, Marine, Utilities, Environment, Defence, Government, Communication, Media & Broadcast, Business Services, Transport|
|Fate||Acquired by CGI Group |
|Mike Love, Executive Chairman|
David Jones, Deputy Chairman
Chris Cheetham, FD
Klaus Heidrich, CEO
|Services||Systems Integration, |
Application Support & Maintenance,
|Revenue||£58.4 m (2018)|
Number of employees
|Group Total 670 (31/12/2018)|
SCISYS Group PLC is a medium-sized software and IT services company. The dual-listed company (ESM:SCC)/(Lon:SSY) is a leading developer of information and communications technology services, e-business, web and mobile applications, editorial newsroom solutions[buzzword] and advanced technology solutions.[buzzword] The SCISYS Group comprises four operational companies: SCISYS UK Ltd, SCISYS Deutschland GmbH, SCISYS Media Solutions GmbH and Xibis Ltd.
In 2000, Science Systems acquired CODA, an accounting software company, and in 2002 the group holding company was renamed CODASciSys plc. The CODA business was demerged as a separately listed company in 2006. Following the demerger, the original, remaining business became SciSys plc in 2006.
In 2007, SciSys purchased a private Bochum-based German company, VCS AG. VCS produced software, computer systems and telecommunications systems for broadcasting, and services for public- and private-sector satellites.
In January 2012 the VCS business was renamed SCISYS Deutschland GmbH as part of a wider integration exercise. As part of this, in May 2012, the UK operations of SciSys were also rebranded as SCISYS. These two changes brought the business divisions together, operating under the same name and branding.
In October 2012, SCISYS purchased the space-market elements of the German company MakaluMedia.
In December 2014, SCISYS announced the acquisition of Xibis Limited, a mobile and web-development firm.
In November 2016, SCISYS announced the acquisition of ANNOVA Systems GmbH  a provider of software solutions[buzzword] for media and broadcast, in particular its OpenMedia newsroom computer systems.
In May 2017, SCISYS announced that the Media & Broadcast division of SCISYS Deutschland has moved from Bochum to new offices in nearby Dortmund. The Bochum location remains the German headquarters and the home of its space division.
In December 2019, SCISYS was acquired by CGI, an independent IT and business consulting services firm.
SCISYS Group companiesEdit
The SCISYS Group comprises four operational companies: SCISYS UK Ltd, SCISYS Deutschland GmbH, SCISYS Media Solutions GmbH and Xibis Ltd.
- SCISYS Locations
- Dublin (Registered office)
- Xibis Ltd Locations
- Oadby, Leicester (Headquarters)
- Science Systems press release, March 30, 2000 Science Systems Confirms CODA Acquisition. Retrieved on August 4, 2009.
- Hall, James. "CODASciSys." Sunday Telegraph (London, England) (Sept 24, 2006) Newspapers Online. Gale. Retrieved on March 11, 2008.
- "New owner of VCS AG". 2007-09-14. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- "Acquisition of web and mobile application development company Xibis Limited". iii. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Acquisition of ANNOVA Systems GmbH - RNS - London Stock Exchange". www.londonstockexchange.com. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "SCISYS lauds pre-Brexit office shift again after it lands another EU-funded space contract". Swindon Business News. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- "CGI completes acquisition of SCISYS, a leading provider of IT services in the UK and Germany | CGI.com". www.cgi.com. Retrieved 2020-02-20.