SBS6 is a Dutch commercial TV channel and is a part of Talpa TV, formerly known as SBS Broadcasting B.V. and now owned by Talpa Network. Other channels of the group in the Netherlands are Net5, Veronica, and SBS9.
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Launched||28 August 1995|
|Digitenne||Channel 6 (HD)|
|Ziggo||Channel 6 (HD)|
Channel 930 (SD)
|Caiway||Channel 6 (HD)|
|Kabel Noord||Channel 6 (HD)|
|DELTA||Channel 6 (HD)|
|Canal Digitaal||Channel 6 (HD)|
|Joyne||Channel 6 (HD)|
|KPN||Channel 6 (HD)|
|Tele2 Netherlands||Channel 6 (HD)|
|T-Mobile Netherlands||Channel 6 (HD)|
|Ziggo GO||ZiggoGO.tv (Europe only)|
|KPN iTV Online||Watch live (Europe only)|
SBS stands for Scandinavian Broadcasting System. When the SBS Broadcasting Group started expanding outside of Scandinavia in 1995, one of the first countries where they set up a channel was the Netherlands with SBS6. SBS6 was the third Dutch commercial TV station after RTL 4 and RTL 5. SBS6 launched on 28 August 1995.
When SBS6 was launched, they were in a tough competition with the channel Veronica, which started as a commercial station at the same time. Both SBS6 and Veronica wanted to be on channel 6 of the viewer's television.
The German ProSiebenSat.1 Media took over the parent company, SBS Broadcasting Group, on 27 June 2007. In 2011, all of SBS's activities in the Netherlands (through SBS Broadcasting B.V.), including the three TV stations (SBS6, Net5, and Veronica), the two TV guides (Veronica Magazine and Totaal TV), production, design, and text activities were sold to a joint venture between Sanoma Media Netherlands (67%) and Talpa Holding (33%).
On 10 April 2017, Talpa Holding acquired a 67% stake from Sanoma Media Netherlands.
- According to Jim
- Close to Home
- Coronation Street
- Diagnosis: Murder
- Little House on the Prairie
- Medical Emergency
- My Wife and Kids
- NCIS: Los Angeles
- Space: Above and Beyond
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- The Mentalist
- The Sing-Off
- Under the Dome
- Who's the Boss?
- BankGiro Loterij The Wall
- Bouw Je Droom
- Celblok H (an adaptation of the Australian drama Wentworth)
- Domino Day
- Hart van Nederland
- Postcodeloterij Miljoenenjacht
- Trauma Centrum
- Westerhof, Jan (26 June 1995). "SBS 6 wil sensatie èn dicht-bij-huis 'Je moet dicht bij jezelf en de kijker blijven'". de Volkskrant. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- Lange, Yasha (26 January 1999). "Publieke omroep niet bang voor commercieel Net 5". NRC Handelsblad. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "VOO in jaartallen". Beeldengeluidwiki.nl. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Donald Koeleman (27 June 2007). "ProSiebenSat.1 acquires SBS". Broadband TV News.
- Peter van der Ploeg (20 April 2011). "Sanoma en Talpa nemen SBS over". NRC Handelsblad.
- "Het is nu officieel: Sanoma verkoopt SBS aan Talpa" (in Dutch). NOS. Retrieved 10 April 2017.