SADRA also known as "Iran Marine Industrial Company" was founded in 1968 as a small ship repair yard in Bushehr. Since then, SADRA has established itself as the leading shipbuilding and shiprepairing company in Iran. SADRA is also active in offshore oil & gas development. SADRA specializes in building ships, docks and floating oil rigs. Sadra Group is a sister company of Iran's state-owned Iran Shipbuilding and Offshores Industries Complex Co. (ISOICO). As of April 2009, the IRGC-controlled construction conglomerate, Khatam al-Anbia owns a controlling stake in SADRA.
|Industry||Shipbuilding , Oil and gas|
|Products||Container & Product Carrier, Multi-purpose cargo Ship, Ferry, FPSO/FSO, Cable Laying Vessel, Pipe Laying, Drill-Ship, AHTS & Special Vessel..|
- In 2005, SADRA won a 100 million euro contract to build four cargo ships for German company Rickmers.
- In 2006 SADRA group won a $2.4 billion contract to build 10 LNG carriers for the Belgian shipping group EXMAR.
- In 2009 SADRA begun manufacturing four 113,000-metric-ton Aframax oil tankers for Venezuela.
- In 2009 SADRA launched a domestically-built semi-floatable drilling rig for the Caspian Sea. The semi-submersible rig called 'Iran-Alborz' is the largest in the Middle East. The semi-floatable platform is able to operate at water depths up to 1,030 meters and can drill down to 6,000 meters under the seabed. Iran-Alborz is operated by Iran North Drilling Co.
- Since 2010, SADRA has been involved in the development of South Pars phases 13 & 14.
Iranian ship building market and industryEdit
Over the next two decades, Iran would need 500 new ships, including 120 oil tankers, 40 liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers and over 300 commercial vessels. In 2009, in a move aimed at further enhancing Iran's shipbuilding industry, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said he will ban the purchase of foreign ships by Iranian organizations. The Ministry of Commerce has confirmed that Iran is able to build all its needed sea fleets inside the country.
- ISOICO - SADRA's sister company
- Iran Shipping Lines
- Iranian Offshore Engineering and Construction Company
-  Archived July 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- [dead link]
- "Iran Investment : Turquoise Partners" (PDF). Turquoisepartners.com. June 2010. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Iran's Sadra Group to build ships for German firm". Payvand.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "1388: Year of Militarization of Iran's Economy". Payvand.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120108021657/http://presstv.com/detail/219826.html. Archived from the original on January 8, 2012. Retrieved January 7, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Russian semi spuds well in Caspian off Iran - Oil & Gas Journal". Ogj.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Iranian consortium to replace Shell, Repsol in South Pars". tehran times. 2010-06-06. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
-  Archived September 26, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120301004605/http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8903111753. Archived from the original on March 1, 2012. Retrieved June 9, 2010. Missing or empty