- a very short section of the Outer ring, opened in 1951 and electrified in 1983,
- a short section of the former Outer freight ring opened in the early 1940s and electrified in 1983,
- the Görlitz line, opened in 1866 and electrified in 1929,
- the Baumschulenweg–Neukölln link line, opened on 8 June 1896 and electrified in 1928 and
- the Ring line, completed in 1877 and electrified in 1926.
|Rolling stock||BVG Class 480|
DBAG Class 485
|Electrification||750 V DC Third rail|
Service on the S45 was suspended on 20 July 2009 and resumed on 24 October 2011.
A southern extension from the current terminus at Schönefeld Airport station is projected to the delayed under construction new Berlin Brandenburg International airport. The rail extension will include two new stops: Waßmannsdorf and Berlin Brandenburg Airport (terminal).
- "S-Bahn Network Map" (pdf). S-Bahn Berlin GmbH. 10 December 2017. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- Bahnhofs- und Linieninformationssystem s-bahn-berlin.de
- "2020 vision for Berlin's long-overdue Brandenburg Airport" Travel weekly, 9 January 2018
- Map of the reorganization of the rail system serving the new airport "Berlin Brandenburg"
- (in German) Infos and map on "S-Bahn Berlin GMBH" website Archived 10 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine