Sébastien Thill (born 29 December 1993) is a Luxembourgish footballer who plays for Progrès Niederkorn in the Luxembourg National Division and the Luxembourg national football team. He is the older brother of fellow Luxembourg internationals Olivier Thill and Vincent Thill.
|Full name||Sébastien Thill|
|Date of birth||29 December 1993|
|Place of birth||Luxembourg City, Luxembourg|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 June 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 June 2017
From 2009 to 2012, Thill played for CS Pétange of the Luxembourg National Division, scoring 9 goals in 46 league appearances. In 2013, he moved to fellow National Division side FC Progrès Niederkorn. In 2015, Thill made his debut in European club competition as Niederkorn fell 0–3 on aggregate to Shamrock Rovers in a two-leg series during the first qualifying round of the 2015–16 UEFA Europa League.
On 4 July 2017, Thill scored the winning goal in an unexpected 2–1 aggregate win against Scottish side Rangers F.C. for his current club, Progrès Niederkorn, in the UEFA Europa League first qualifying round. The goal sealed Progrès' first ever win in European Competition.
Thill made his senior international debut for Luxembourg on 5 September 2015 in a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match against Macedonia. In the match, Thill scored in second-half stoppage time for his first international goal as Luxembourg earned a 1–0 victory, lifting them from the bottom position in Group C.
Score lists Luxembourg's goal tally first.
|1||5 September 2015||Stade Josy Barthel, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg||Macedonia||UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying|
|Last updated 6 September 2015|
International career statisticsEdit
- As of match played 4 June 2017.
|Luxembourg national team|
- "UEFA Profile". UEFA. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- Pécot, Matthieu. "weekly wonderkid: Vincent Thill". UEFA. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Soccerway profile". Soccerway. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Progrès Niederkorn 2–0 Rangers". BBC Sport. 4 July 2017. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Sébastien Thill secures Luxembourg win over Macedonia". wort.lu. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "First-timer Thill floors luckless Macedonians". UEFA. Retrieved 6 September 2015.