This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
35°41′44″N 139°46′49″E / 35.6954532°N 139.7802246°E
|Headquarters||Higashi-Kanda, Chiyoda, Tokyo101-0031, Japan|
(President and CEO)
Ryukakusan Co., Ltd. (株式会社 龍角散, Kabushiki-gaisha Ryukakusan) is a Tokyo-based Japanese pharmaceutical company that develops and markets prescription and over-the-counter drug (OTC) products, especially throat and swallowing products.
In early 1700s, “Ryukakusan” was a family powdered herbal cough medicine handed down through generations of the Satake clan of the Akita Domain. Shoteiji Fujii began selling it as medicine for the public in 1871.
In 1995, the company had a ¥4 billion debt. They recovered from this by selling Iatron Laboratory to Mitsubishi in 2002.
Ryukakusan's products are popular in China and Taiwan. Tourists buy their products in bulk to bring home when they travel to Japan.
- Ryukakusan Direct
- Ryukakusan Throat Refreshers
- Swallowing Aid Jelly
- ^ Ryukakusan (25 October 2018). "Ryukakusan". Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- ^ 【もとをたどれば】龍角散／秋田藩の薬 中国でも人気『毎日新聞』朝刊2019年9月15日（6面）2019年9月18日閲覧
- ^ "「龍角散」のふるさと秋田 健康を支えた家庭薬展". 秋田県市民活動情報ネット". Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- ^ a b "Tourists' favorite throat remedy to get a big dose of investment". Nikkei Asian Review. Retrieved 2019-03-11.