This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ottley at the Big Apple Convention,
May 21, 2011
The Amazing Spider-Man
Ryan Ottley is best known for his work on Invincible written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image comics. Ottley was discovered by Kirkman on the Penciljack.com forums in late 2003 and offered him the job of illustrating Invincible starting with Issue 8. Ottley worked 14 years on the series as the artist for 127 issues of the 144 Issue run. In an interview with comic book website Project Fanboy, Ottley discussed how he got into the comic book industry after being fired from his previous employer as a warehouse worker. Ottley decided now was a great time to try to get into comics again and began actively building exposure for his work on the internet through the websites digitalwebbing.com and penciljack.com. The artist appeared in several issues of an independent comic anthology, Digital Webbing Presents. Robert Kirkman saw posts from Ottley on the Penciljack website, searched for other work by the artist and contacted him about a position drawing for the Image Comics' title Invincible.
Ottley penciled the first five issues Kirkman and Todd McFarlane's Haunt, an ongoing series which debuted October 7, 2009. Ottley indicated on the letters page of issue #5 that he left in order to focus on Invincible.
- The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 5 #1-5, 11-13, 16, 23-25, 30-31, 37, 41-42 (Marvel Comics, 2018-)
- Free Comic Book Day 2018 The Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Marvel Comics, 2018)
- Free Comic Book Day 2019 Spider-Man/Venom #1 (Marvel Comics, 2019)
- Grizzly Shark #2 (Image Comics, 2016)
- Haunt #1-5 (Image Comics, 2009-2010)
- Invincible #8-144 (Image Comics, 2004-2018)
- Solution Squad #1 (Solution Squad LLC, 2013)
- Spawn #195 (Image Comics, 2009)
- Superman/Batman Annual #1-3 (DC Comics, 2006-2009)
- Tales of Army of Darkness #1 (Dynamite Entertainment, 2013)
- The Walking Dead #75 (Image Comics, 2010)
- Witchblade #131 (Image Comics, 2009)
- The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 3 #8 (variant cover only, Marvel Comics, 2014)
- The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 4 #1.2 (variant cover only, Marvel Comics, 2016)
- The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 5 #14, 26-29, 40 (Marvel Comics, 2019-)
- Brit vol. 2 #7-12 (2008-2009)
- The Flash #35 (variant cover only, DC Comics, 2014)
- Guarding the Globe #1 (Image Comics, 2010)
- Haunt #13 (Image Comics, 2011)
- Head Lopper #7 (Image Comics, October 2017)
- Inhuman #5 (variant cover only, Marvel Comics, 2014)
- Justice League of America Rebirth #1 (variant cover only, DC Comics, 2016)
- Manifest Destiny #1 (variant cover only, Image Comics, 2013)
- Murder Falcon #4 (variant cover only, Image Comics, 2019)
- Robin: Son of Batman #10 (variant cover only, DC Comics, 2016)
- The Walking Dead #100, 150 (variant cover only, Image Comics, 2012, 2016)
- The War of the Realms #1 (variant cover only, Marvel Comics, 2019)
- Grant, Matt (July 10, 2008). "Ryan Ottley Interview!". Project Fanboy.
- Wigler, Josh (July 25, 2009). "CCI Exclusive: Kirkman and McFarlane on Haunt". Comic Book Resources.
- Logan, Michael (June 4, 2012). "Exclusive First Look: The Walking Dead Comic Hits 100". TV Guide.
- Schedeen, Jesse (July 11, 2018). "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN IS STILL IN GOOD HANDS (THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 REVIEW)". IGN.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryan Ottley.|