|Birth name||Sanchez Ryan Louwrens|
|Date of birth||12 March 1991|
|Place of birth||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb)|
|School||Churchlands High, Perth|
|Rugby union career|
Louwrens was born in Johannesburg, South Africa where he attended Kempton Park High School in Johannesburg. When he was 16 years old, he moved with his parents to Australia where he attended Churchlands Senior High School in Perth. He was invited to join the RugbyWA Academy in 2008. In 2009, he returned to South Africa where he played at the Craven Week tournament and represented Valke at the Under 19 Currie Cup. Near the end of that season he failed a drugs test and was banned for two years by the South African Rugby Union's disciplinary tribunal for using anabolic steroids.
In Perth, Louwrens was given a second chance and he began playing rugby for the Cottesloe club before rejoining the RugbyWA Academy in 2011. He went on to play for the Force ‘A’ team in 2012 and 2013, and played for the Western Force in their 2013 pre-season trial against Tonga XV. Louwrens was also a member of Cottesloe's grand final team in 2013. He signed an Extended Playing Squad contract with the Western Force for the 2014 season.
Louwrens played for the Force in their 2014 pre-season trial matches against a Samoa XV and the Pampas XV. He also started in all three matches for Force A in the 2014 Pacific Rugby Cup, scoring a try against Junior Japan. Soon after, he incurred a knee injury in training which required an anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction that ended his season.
In May 2015, he made his Super Rugby debut for the Force off the bench against the Chiefs at Hamilton. He scored two tries in the team's upset home win over the NSW Waratahs two weeks later at nib Stadium.
Super Rugby StatisticsEdit
- As of 25 July 2016
2017 Super Rugby 5 Caps
- "Force extends record local players in 2014 squad". RugbyWA (Press release). 29 August 2013. Archived from the original on 11 March 2015. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Taylor, Nick (30 August 2013). "Drug ban behind Force scrum-half". The West Australian. Archived from the original on 10 May 2015. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Juniors suspended for steroids". Keo. 8 December 2009. Archived from the original on 13 December 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Ryan Louwrens". RugbyWA. 2015. Archived from the original on 25 April 2015. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Taylor, Nick (1 May 2015). "Louwrens gets Force start against Blues". The West Australian. Archived from the original on 11 May 2015. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Chiefs v Force at Hamilton". ESPN Scrum. 24 April 2015. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Force cause more woe for Waratahs with surprise victory". The Guardian. 9 May 2015. Archived from the original on 10 May 2015. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Player Statistics". its rugby. Retrieved 26 July 2016.