Ryan M. LaMarre (born November 21, 1988) is an American professional baseball outfielder in the Minnesota Twins organization. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Cincinnati Reds, Boston Red Sox, and Oakland Athletics.
LaMarre with the Nashville Sounds
|Minnesota Twins – No. 72|
November 21, 1988 |
Royal Oak, Michigan
|August 22, 2015, for the Cincinnati Reds|
(through 2017 season)
|Runs batted in||0|
LaMarre attended Lumen Christi Catholic High School in Jackson, Michigan, where he earned 12 varsity letters in baseball, football, and hockey. In baseball, LaMarre was named All-State three times, and hit .548 with 18 home runs as a senior. LaMarre set the school record for career home runs with 38. In football, LaMarre won two state titles and made it to the state final during his senior season. He also was All-Conference in football, and compiled 339 tackles throughout his high school career. In hockey, LaMarre won All-State honors twice and was team captain and MVP his final two seasons. He is the all-time assists leader for Lumen Christi, with 96, and is second in scoring, with 176. After high school, LaMarre attended the University of Michigan. During his freshman year at Michigan, LaMarre batted .305 in 40 games. As a sophomore, he batted .344 with 12 home runs, playing and starting all 53 games. During his junior and final season, LaMarre batted .419 but only played in 36 games.
The Cincinnati Reds selected LaMarre in the second round of the 2010 Major League Baseball draft. He was added to the Reds 40-man roster on November 20, 2013. The Reds designated LaMarre for assignment on August 12, 2014. The Reds released LaMarre, and then re-signed him to a minor league contract on August 19.
The Reds released LaMarre after the 2015 season. He signed a minor league contract with the Boston Red Sox on December 14, 2015. On June 18, 2016, he was promoted from the Triple-A Pawtucket Red Sox to the major leagues.
On July 2, 2016, LaMarre pitched in the top of the ninth inning in a 21-2 loss by the Red Sox to the Angels. LaMarre gave up two hits but no runs, the only relief pitcher not to give up any runs in the game. He was designated for assignment on July 7, 2016, after the Red Sox traded for Aaron Hill.
On November 28, 2016, LaMarre signed a one-year contract with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Angels traded him to the Oakland Athletics for a player to be named later on April 23, 2017. He was assigned to the Triple-A Nashville Sounds where he played one game before being recalled to Oakland after Rajai Davis was placed on the disabled list. He was designated for assignment on June 17, 2017, to create room for Michael Brady who had his contract purchased. He signed a minor league contract with the Minnesota Twins on November 29, 2017.
- "Ryan LaMarre Bio - Michigan Baseball". mgoblue.com. Retrieved May 31, 2016.
- "Speedy outfield prospect Ryan LaMarre rising swiftly through Reds' Minor League system | reds.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Reds add four, reach limit on 40-man roster". Cincinnati.reds.mlb.com. November 20, 2013. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Iglesias excited to be on fast track to Reds". Cincinnati Reds. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- "Ryan LaMarre to get his chance for Reds". cincinnati.com. Retrieved May 31, 2016.
- "Jackson Lumen Christi graduate Ryan LaMarre records first MLB hit". Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- "Transactions". Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- "Lumen Christi grad Ryan LaMarre gladly goes sleepless to join Red Sox". Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Red Sox Wrap: Boston Hits Rock Bottom In 21-2 Loss To Angels At Fenway NESN.com. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Red Sox acquire infielder Aaron Hill from Brewers for two minor-leaguers". July 7, 2016. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Todd, Jeff (November 28, 2016). "Angels Sign Ryan LaMarre, Designate Gregorio Petit". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved November 29, 2016.
- "Athletics Acquire Ryan LaMarre". Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- "Athletics' Ryan LaMarre: Recalled from Triple-A". cbssports.com. April 25, 2017. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Adams, Steve (November 29, 2017). "Minor MLB Transactions: 11/29/17". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved November 30, 2017.