Ryan Davies (cricketer)
Ryan Christopher Davies (born 5 November 1996) is an English professional cricketer who most recently played for Durham County Cricket Club. He is a right-handed batsman who also plays as a wicket-keeper.
|Full name||Ryan Christopher Davies|
|Born||5 November 1996|
Thanet, Kent, England
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Domestic team information|
|2015||Kent (squad no. 7)|
|2016–2017||Somerset (squad no. 77)|
|First-class debut||7 June 2015 Kent v Derbyshire|
|List A debut||24 July 2016 Somerset v Glamorgan|
Source: CricInfo, 27 September 2018
Having played back-up to regular wicket-keeper Sam Billings, Davies made his first-class debut for Kent against Derbyshire in June 2015 after Billings' call-up to the England One Day International side.
Davies made his maiden first-class half-century during a game against Hampshire on 27 June 2016. Sharing an unbroken stand of 82 with Craig Overton, Davies hit six fours and three sixes on his way to 52 not out off 39 balls.
In September 2017, after two seasons with Somerset, it was announced that Davies was to be leave the county at the end of the season for personal reasons. He joined Durham during 2018, signing a two-eyer contract in May, and played regularly in Twenty20 matches as well as appearing three times during the season in first-class matches. He left the club before the start of the 2019 season, again for personal reasons.
- "Ryan Davies". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "Kent Cricket and England under-19s wicketkeeper Ryan Davies signs three-year deal at Somerset". Kent Online. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Kent v Derbyshire at Canterbury, on 7–9 June 2015". CricketArchive. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Somerset sign Chris Rogers & Ryan Davies". Somerset County Cricket Club. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Aneurin Donald recalled for U-19 World Cup". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "Hildy and Johann put Somerset in charge". Somerset County Cricket Club. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Royal London One-Day Cup, South Group: Somerset v Glamorgan at Taunton, Jul 24, 2016". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "Jim Allenby: Somerset one-day captain, Michael Leask and Ryan Davies to leave club". BBC Sport. 5 September 2017. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- Ryan Davies: Durham batsman leaves club for personal reasons, BBC Sport, 1 February 2019. Retrieved 2 February 2019.