This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Private, owned by CHR Corporation — Rutter's Holdings, Inc.|
|Founded||1968(as Rutter's Farm Stores)|
York, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Number of locations
|Scott Hartman, President & CEO of Rutter's|
Number of employees
The company began agricultural operations in 1747. In 1921, Rutter's started a dairy company. The first Rutter's Farm Stores opened on February 22, 1968. In 2018, the company shortened its name from "Rutter's Farm Stores" to "Rutter's". The first location outside of Pennsylvania opened on May 30, 2018 in Inwood, West Virginia. On January 15, 2019, Rutter's opened its first Maryland location in Walkersville.
Rutter's deli offers sandwiches, burgers, salads, soups, and, at some locations, stir fry.
Several Rutter's locations in Central Pennsylvania along with the Inwood, West Virginia location have Beer Caves that sell beer. Rutter's has been rapidly adding Beer Caves to its Pennsylvania locations since Act 39 in 2016 allowed for additional alcohol licenses in Pennsylvania.
Rutter's Beverage CompanyEdit
- Machcinski, Anthony J. (January 10, 2018). "Rutter's Farm Stores is changing its name to what you call it anyway". York Daily Record. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- Machcinski, Anthony J. (May 30, 2018). "Rutter's opens first store outside of Pennsylvania, one of company's largest". York Daily Record. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- Massey, Wyatt (January 15, 2019). "Rutter's opening in Walkersville with tensions still high". The Frederick News-Post. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- "Menu". Rutter's. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- "Beer Caves". Rutter's. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- Gleiter, Sue (March 30, 2017). "Another Rutter's Farm Store in Central Pa. adds beer sales". PennLive. Retrieved January 18, 2019.