Russian Bureau of Philately
Russian Bureau of Philately (RBF; Russian: Росси́йское бюро́ филатели́и (РБФ)) was a special organisation under the People's Commissariat for Posts and Telegraphs of the RSFSR in 1921–1924. This was the first Soviet government agency in charge of all matters of the organisation and development of philately.
|Российское бюро филателии (РБФ)|
RSFSR definitive stamp issued by the RBF order, 1921
|Formed||26 September 1921|
|Jurisdiction||Council of People's Commissars of the RSFSR|
|Parent agency||People's Commissariat for Posts and Telegraphs of the RSFSR|
Soon after the Russian Civil War, Soviet governmental institutions were set up to conduct the activities and practices in the field of philately. In 1921, the People's Commissariat for Posts and Telegraphs of the RSFSR (Narkompochtel) founded a special organ, the Russian Bureau of Philately (RBF). It was aimed at dealing with all questions regarding the organisation and development of philately in Soviet Russia.
In 1921, a Narkompochtel representative Feodor Chuchin worked within the RBF and proposed change in the philatelic policy. According to this proposal, the monopoly on foreign trade should have been extended and included the traffic in postage stamps, the revenue being used to aid street children. In 1922, Chuchin was appointed to head the Organisation of the Commissioner for Philately and Scripophily.
In 1922, the Russian Bureau of Philately at the RSFSR People's Commissariat for Posts and Telegraphs supported an idea of establishing a new philatelic society, All-Russian Society of Philatelists.
- All-Russian Society of Philatelists
- First All-Union Philatelic Exhibition
- Leniniana (philately)
- Moscow Society of Philatelists and Collectors
- Organisation of the Commissioner for Philately and Scripophily
- People's Commissariat for Posts and Telegraphs of the RSFSR
- Philatelic International
- Soviet Philatelic Association
- Soviet Philatelist
- Владинец, Н. И.; Ильичёв, Л. И.; Левитас, И. Я.; Мазур, П. Ф.; Меркулов, И. Н.; Моросанов, И. А.; Мякота, Ю. К.; Панасян, С. А.; Рудников, Ю. М.; Слуцкий, М. Б.; Якобс, В. А. (1988). Российское бюро филателии [Russian Bureau of Philately]. In Владинец, Н. И.; Якобс, В. А. (eds.). Большой филателистический словарь [Great Philatelic Dictionary] (in Russian). Moscow: Радио и связь. ISBN 5-256-00175-2. Archived from the original on 2015-06-08. Retrieved 2015-06-08.
- Grant, J. (July 1995). "The socialist construction of philately in the early Soviet era". Comparative Studies in Society and History. 37 (3): 476–493. doi:10.1017/S0010417500019770. ISSN 0010-4175. JSTOR 179216. Retrieved 2015-05-15. Archived from the original and another source on 2015-05-15.
- Ivanova, V. (2015-02-23). "Philately in Russia, Part 2. Philately in the RSFSR and the USSR". Russia-IC: Culture & Arts: Manners, Customs and Traditions. Russia-InfoCentre; Guarant-InfoCentre. Archived from the original on 2015-06-21. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- Chuchin, F. G. (1923). "Благотворительные марки УССР" [The charity stamps of the Ukrainian SSR]. Советский филателист (Soviet Philatelist) (in Russian and English). Moscow. 2 (5–6): 10–13. Archived from the original on 2015-05-27. Retrieved 2015-05-27.