Ruslan Volodymyrovych Malinovskyi (Ukrainian: Руслан Володимирович Маліновський, born 4 May 1993) is an Ukrainian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Atalanta in Serie A. Malinovskyi is a set piece specialist as well as possessing an incredibly powerful and accurate shot with either foot.
Malinovskyi in November 2015
|Full name||Ruslan Volodymyrovych Malinovskyi|
|Date of birth||4 May 1993|
|Place of birth||Zhytomyr, Zhytomyr Oblast, Ukraine|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2011–2012||→ Shakhtar-3 Donetsk||39||(10)|
|2012–2013||→ Sevastopol (loan)||16||(1)|
|2013||→ Sevastopol-2 (loan)||2||(1)|
|2014–2015||→ Zorya Luhansk (loan)||44||(7)|
|2015–2017||→ Genk (loan)||33||(5)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:05, 1 August 2020 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 November 2019
Malinovskyi was a member of Ukrainian national under-19 football team. From 1 September 2012 he is playing on loan for FC Sevastopol. On loan contract was signed for 1.5 years.
From 2011, Malinovskyi was a player of FC Shakhtar Donetsk who sent him on loan to different clubs. He began to play for Shakhtar-3 from 2010 to 2012 playing 39 matches and scored 10 goals. He did not make an appearance for Shaktar's first team.
Loan to SevastopolEdit
Malinovskyi played for FC Sevastopol in the 2012–13 season making 16 appearances and scoring one goal. Also, in 2013 he played for the farm club of the team, FC Sevastopol 2. There he scored 1 goal in 4 matches. In 2014, due to the Russian occupation of the Crimean peninsula, FC Sevastopol was disbanded, and a new club was created on its base.
Loan to Zorya LuhanskEdit
In 2014, Malinovsky went on loan to FC Zorya Luhansk where he became a main player in the team. He was recognized as the best young player in Ukraine. He scored goals not only in the Ukrainian Premier League, but also twice in the UEFA Europa League against Belgian club R. Charleroi S.C.
Loan to GenkEdit
On 1 January 2016, it was officially announced that Malinovskyi would be loaned to Belgian side K.R.C. Genk until the end of the season. He debuted for the club in the Belgian Cup semi-final against Standard Liège and spent 72 minutes on the field. Altogether, during the loan at the Belgian club, Malinovskyi played 41 games in all tournaments, in which he scored 13 goals and made 8 assists.
On 29 May 2017, it was announced that Genk had redeemed Malinovsky's contract from Shakhtar. The Belgian club and the player signed the contract for four years.
On 16 July 2019, Malinovskyi signed for Atalanta for €13.7 million. On 22 October 2019, he scored his first goal for Atalanta in the Champions League game against Manchester City. Malinovskyi became player of the month October by the votes of Atalanta supporters. On 7 December 2019, Malinovskyi scored his first goal in Serie A in a match against Hellas Verona. On June 24 2020, Malinovskyi scored a sensational strike in a 3–2 comeback win against Lazio.
- As of match played 1 August 2020
|Shakhtar-3 Donetsk||2010–11||Ukrainian Second League||8||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||8||1|
|Sevastopol-2||2012–13||Ukrainian Second League||2||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||1|
|Sevastopol||2012–13||Ukrainian First League||16||1||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||18||1|
|2013–14||Ukrainian Premier League||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Zorya Luhansk||2013–14||Ukrainian Premier League||8||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||8||3|
|Genk||2015–16||Belgian First Division A||13||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||15||0|
- As of 17 November 2019
- Scores and results list Ukraine's goal tally first.
|1.||10 October 2018||Stadio Luigi Ferraris, Genoa, Italy||Italy||1–1||1–1||Friendly|
|2.||16 October 2018||Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv, Ukraine||Czech Republic||1–0||1–0||2018–19 UEFA Nations League B|
|3.||7 September 2019||LFF Stadium, Vilnius, Lithuania||Lithuania||3–0||3–0||UEFA Euro 2020 qualification|
|4.||11 October 2019||Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv, Ukraine||Lithuania||1–0||2–0||UEFA Euro 2020 qualification|
- Futbolgrad (18 July 2019). "Ruslan Malinovskyi - Who is Atalanta's Ukrainian Midfielder?". Futbolgrad. Retrieved 12 July 2020.
- Перший тренер Маліновського: "Після першого тренування попросив у Руслана свідоцтво про народження" (in Ukrainian). footboom.com. 17 May 2017.
- Официально. Руслан Малиновский – игрок ФК «Севастополь» (in Russian). Official FC Sevastopol Site. 16 January 2013.
- "Ruslan Malinovskyi è dell'Atalanta" [Atalanta got Ruslan Malinovskyi]. www.atalanta.it (in Italian). Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Stadium, Richard Jolly at the Etihad (22 October 2019). "Sterling hat-trick helps 10-man Manchester City thrash Atalanta 5-1". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 12 November 2019.
- B.C, Atalanta (1 November 2019). "Man of the Month Ottobre by #ItalianOptic La Finale #GoAtalantaGo". @Atalanta_BC. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- "Gran gol di Malinovskyi prima del 45': Atalanta-Verona è 1-1 - TUTTOmercatoWEB.com". www.tuttomercatoweb.com (in Italian). Retrieved 19 December 2019.
- "Le pagelle contro l'Hellas Verona: top Djimsiti, Papu e Malinovskyi « Bergamo e Sport". www.bergamoesport.it (in Italian). Retrieved 19 December 2019.
- "Serie A: Atalanta fight back from two goals down to beat Lazio; Inter Milan's title hopes diminish after draw against Sassuolo - Sports News , Firstpost". Firstpost. 25 June 2020. Retrieved 26 June 2020.
- "Ukraine - R. Malinovskiy - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Ruslan Malinovskyi - national football team player". eu-football.info. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Malinovskyi, Ruslan". National Football Teams. Retrieved 14 October 2018.