Gazprom–RusVelo (UCI team code: GAZ), a part of the Russian Global Cycling Project, is a Russian road and track cycling team. It was founded in late 2011 and granted UCI Professional Continental status. For its first season 2012 the team signed several ex-Team Katusha riders along with a few ones from Continental Team Itera–Katusha.
|Website||Team home page|
|General manager||Renat Khamidulin|
|Team name history|
RusVelo initially included both men's and women's rosters. The directors are Viatcheslav Ekimov, Oleg Grishkin, Egon van Kessel from the Netherlands, and Australian Henk Vogels. The General Manager is Heiko Salzwedel.
In December 2012, RusVelo's request for a Professional Continental licence for the 2013 season was denied pending a review. The squad were ultimately awarded a Professional Continental licence on 9 January 2013.
In 2013 the team endured a spate of doping positives. In March Valery Kaikov for the, cancer-causing, banned compound GW501516 (Endurobol). This was the first recorded positive for Endurobol. In June at the 2013 Russian National Championships Roman Maikin and Artem Ovechkin tested positive for Fenoterol and received a six-month ban Andrey Solomennikov tested positive for asthma medication and received a six-month suspension as well. As a result, the team auto-suspended itself from competition. In June 2015, the team received their fifth positive in less than two years when Petr Ignatenko tested positive for human growth hormone (hGH) in an out-of-competition test on April 8, this is only the second hGH positive since Patrick Sinkewitz returned an adverse analytical finding for the substance.
- As of 6 January 2021.
- Team Pursuit World Cup Beijing
- Team Pursuit World Cup Astana
- Stage 2 Vuelta a Murcia, Alexander Serov
- Stage 5 Grand Prix of Sochi, Leonid Krasnov
- Stage 1 Grand Prix of Adygeya, Sergey Firsanov
- Stage 3 Grand Prix of Adygeya, Alexander Mironov
- Stage 5 Grand Prix of Adygeya, Viktor Manakov
- Overall Vuelta a la Comunidad de Madrid, Sergey Firsanov
- Stage 2, Sergey Firsanov
- Stage 8 Tour of Qinghai Lake, Artur Ershov
- Stage 3 Tour of China II, Leonid Krasnov
- Stage 1 Tour of Hainan, Leonid Krasnov
- Stage 1 (ITT) Grand Prix of Adygeya, Ilnur Zakarin
- Memorial Oleg Dyachenko, Alexander Rybakov
- Grand Prix of Moscow, Ivan Kovalev
- Stage 3 Five Rings of Moscow, Sergey Klimov
- Stage 1a Tour of Estonia, Leonid Krasnov
- Russia Time Trial Championships, Ilnur Zakarin
- Stage 1 Volta a Portugal, Alexander Serov
- Stage 1 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica, Evgeny Kovalev
- Stage 5 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica, Alexander Serov
- Overall Grand Prix of Sochi, Ilnur Zakarin
- Overall Grand Prix of Adygeya, Ilnur Zakarin
- Mayor Cup, Sergey Lagutin
- Memorial Oleg Dyachenko, Andrey Solomennikov
- Overall Five Rings of Moscow, Andrey Solomennikov
- Overall Tour d'Azerbaïdjan, Ilnur Zakarin
- Overall Grand Prix Udmurtskaya Pravda, Artur Ershov
- Stage 7 Tour of Qinghai Lake, Timofey Kritsky
- Stage 2 Baltic Chain Tour, Ivan Balykin
- Overall Tour of Kavkaz, Sergey Firsanov
- Grand Prix of Sochi Mayor, Sergey Firsanov
- Overall Grand Prix of Sochi, Alexander Foliforov
- Stage 4 (ITT), Alexander Foliforov
- Krasnodar–Anapa, Andrey Solomennikov
- Stage 3 Tour of Kuban, Roman Maikin
- Maykop–Ulyap–Maykop, Ivan Balykin
- Overall Grand Prix of Adygeya, Sergey Firsanov
- Stage 2, Sergey Firsanov
- Stage 5 Tour d'Azerbaïdjan, Sergey Firsanov
- Overall Tour de Serbie, Ivan Savitskiy
- Stages 1, 2 & 4, Ivan Savitskiy
- Stage 1 (ITT) Tour of Slovenia, Artem Ovechkin
- Russia Time Trial Championships, Artem Ovechkin
- Russia U23 Road Race Championships, Artem Nych
- Stage 4 Tour of Qinghai Lake, Ivan Savitskiy
- Overall Settimana Internazionale di Coppi e Bartali, Sergey Firsanov
- Stage 1b (TTT)
- Stage 2, Sergey Firsanov
- Giro dell'Appennino, Sergey Firsanov
- Stage 15 (ITT) Giro d'Italia, Alexander Foliforov
- Stage 2 Tour of Estonia, Roman Maikin
- Stage 2 Tour du Limousin, Roman Maikin
- Stage 4 Okolo Slovenska, Ivan Savitskiy
- Russia Road Race Championships, Alexander Porsev
- Stage 2 Toscana-Terra di Ciclismo, Aleksandr Vlasov
- Overall Giro Ciclistico d'Italia, Aleksandr Vlasov
- Stage 6 Tour of Austria, Aleksandr Vlasov
- Russia Road Race Championships, Aleksandr Vlasov
- "Road - Teams". Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "New russian pro-continental team RusVelo announced". Velonews.competitor.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "RusVelo, Andalucia miss Pro Continental licenses". VeloNews. Competitor Group, Inc. 19 December 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- Farrand, Stephen (9 January 2013). "Katusha applies for Professional Continental licence to ride San Luis". Cycling News. Future Publishing Limited. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Cycling News. "Rusvelo's Kaikov fails drug test". Cyclingnews.com.
- "First cycling positive for GW501516, Rusvelo's Valery Kaykov provisionally suspended". velonation.com.
- Cycling News. "Rusvelo face four-week suspension after three positives for asthma drug". Cyclingnews.com.
- "Rusvelo team hit by three positive tests at Russian national championships". velonation.com. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013.
- "Rusvelo team confirms its withdrawal from Giro dell Appennino after trio of positive tests". velonation.com.
- "Gazprom-RusVelo". UCI.org. Union Cycliste Internationale. Archived from the original on 6 January 2021. Retrieved 6 January 2021.