Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood, (born Rosalyn Rushbrook in 1942, later Rosalyn Kendrick) is a British author of some forty books on Islam and other subjects.
Maqsood was born in London in 1942. She graduated from the University of Hull in 1963 with an honours degree in Christian Theology, and gained a DipEd in 1964. Maqsood was a convert to Islam from Christianity in 1986. She taught religious studies in the United Kingdom for more than thirty years. Prior to her retirement in 1996, she had been head of religious education at a Hull secondary school.
She has written more than forty books on religious topics. Under her first married name Rosalyn Kendrick, she wrote several books about aspects of Christian theology. From 1992, she published a large body of writing to introduce Islam to English speaking people. Her book for children, Islamic Mosques (2005), includes information about mosques and how to pronounce Islamic terms. Need to Know?: Islam (2008) was considered a contemporary "Tablīgh" by Insights.
|Does God Have a Body? and Other Questions||1977||SCM Press, London||as Rosalyn Kendrick|
|Jesus of Nazareth: Plays for the Classroom||1979||Edward Arnold, London||as Rosalyn Kendrick|
|Setting the Foundations: A Guide to the Study of the Life and Teaching of Jesus Christ as Presented in the First Three Gospels||1983||Hulton Educational, Amersham||as Rosalyn Kendrick |
|The Trouble with God: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion||1983||H.E. Walter, Worthing, West Sussex|||
|In the Steps of Jesus: Insights Into the Life and World of Christ||1985||Hulton Educational, Amersham||as Rosalyn Kendrick |
|Examining Religions: Moral Issues in Six Religions, ed. W. Owen Cole||1991||Heinemann, Oxford||as Rosalyn Kendrick |
|The Separated Ones: Jesus, the Pharisees, and Islam||1991||SCM Press, London|||
|Where Did I Go Wrong?||1992||St. Paul Publications||as Rosalyn Rushbrook|
|Sacred Texts: The Qur'an||1993||Heinemann, Oxford|||
|Petra: A Traveller's Guide||1994||Garnet Press, Reading|||
|For Heaven's Sake||1994||Ta-Ha Publications, London|||
|Thinking about God||1994||American Trust Publications, Plainfield, Indiana|||
|Living with Teenagers: A Guide for Muslim Parents||1995||Ta-Ha Publications, London|||
|The Story at I'd||1995||Heinemann Educational, Oxford|
|Life Beyond Death: Christian Response to Bereavement||1995||Canterbury Press, Norwich||as Rosalyn Kendrick|
|The Muslim Marriage Guide||1995||Quilliam Press, London|||
|Islam: A Dictionary||1996|||
|The Beautiful Commands of Allah||1997||Goodword Books, New Delhi|||
|Bride of the Nile||1998||Wolfhound Press||YA fiction|
|The Muslim Prayer Encyclopaedia: A Complete Guide to Prayers as Taught by the Prophet Muhammad||1998||Goodword Books, New Delhi|||
|After Death, Life: Thoughts to Alleviate the Grief of All Muslims Facing Death and Bereavement||1998||Goodword Books, New Delhi|||
|Living Islam: Treading the Path of the Ideal||1998||Goodword Books, New Delhi|||
|A Basic Dictionary of Islam||1998||Goodword Books, New Delhi|||
|The Beautiful Promises of Allah||1998||Goodword Books, New Delhi|||
|The Beloved Prophet||1999||Able Publishing, Knebworth|||
|The Problem of Evil||2000||Adam Publishers, Delhi|||
|The Sign of the Gnat||2000||Adam Publishers, Delhi|||
|The Mysteries of Jesus: A Muslim Study of the Origins and Doctrines of the Christian Church||2000||Sakina Books, Oxford|||
|GCSE Islam - the Do-it-Yourself Guide||2001||Goodword Books, New Delhi; IPCI, Birmingham|||
|What Every Christian Should Know about Islam||2002||Islamic Foundation, Leicester|||
|Islamic Mosques||2005||Raintree, Oxford|
|Teach Yourself Islam||1994; 3rd ed. 2006||Hodder and Stoughton, London|||
|Islam - An Introduction: Teach Yourself||2010|
|Islam Made Simple: Flash||2011|
|Islam (Collins Need to Know?)||2012||HarperCollins, London|||
- ^ a b c Meehan, Sumayyah (4 October 2007). "Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood, an Interview". The Muslim Observer. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af "Introduction to 'I was Ready'". Insights (S. 1) (20724586). 1 (4): 151–162. June 2009. ISSN 2072-4586.
- ^ a b c d Ahmad, Anis (Spring 2002). "Reviewed Work: What Every Christian Should Know About Islam by Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood". Islamic Studies. Islamabad: Islamic Research Institute, International Islamic University. 41 (1): 120–124. JSTOR 20837170.
- ^ a b c Maishanu, Isa Muhammad (Spring 2003). "Reviewed Work: A Muslim Study of the Origins of the Christian Church by Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood". Islamic Studies. Islamabad: Islamic Research Institute, International Islamic University. 42 (1): 160–167. JSTOR 20837259.
- ^ "Women in Islam". Canada & the World Backgrounder. 72 (1): 6. 2006 – via EBSCOhost.
- ^ Maqsood, Ruqaiyyah Waris (March–April 2004). "A week in the life of.. Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood". Emel. No. 4. London, England. Retrieved 21 November 2019.
- ^ Kressel, Neil J. (2012). "The sons of pigs and apes" : Muslim antisemitism and the conspiracy of silence (1st ed.). Washington, D.C.: Potomac Books. p. 26. ISBN 978-1-59797-811-8. OCLC 967589479.
- ^ a b c Zafar, Muhammad Imtiaz (2010). "Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood Need to Know? Islam Understand the Religion behind the Headlines". Insights. 3 (2): 267–278 – via EBSCOhost.
- ^ Moore, Ann W. (November 2005). "Hindu Mandirs/Buddhist Temples/Islamic Mosques …". School Library Journal. 51 (11): 114–115 – via EBSCOhost.
- ^ Donovan, K, S.J. (1978). "Review: Does God have a Body?". The Month: 139. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- ^ "First Flush: Young Adults". Books Ireland. Wordwell Ltd. (212): 111. April 1998. JSTOR 20623607.
- ^ "Review: The Mysteries of Jesus". Q News: The Muslim Magazine: 30–31. 2000. Retrieved 22 November 2019.