Run (2014 film)
Run is a 2014 French-Ivorian drama film directed by Philippe Lacôte. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. The fictionalized account of the 2011 post-election upheaval in the Ivory Coast that killled 3000 people was first film from that country selected for Cannes.
|Directed by||Philippe Lacôte|
|Produced by||Claire Gadea|
|Written by||Philippe Lacôte|
|Starring||Abdoul Karim Konaté|
|Music by||Sebastian Escoffet|
|Edited by||Barbara Bossuet|
|Distributed by||Bac Films|
The film was also selected as the Ivorian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 88th Academy Awards but it was not nominated. It received 12 nominations at the 11th Africa Movie Academy Awards but did not win any award.
- Abdoul Karim Konaté as Run
- Isaach de Bankolé as Assa
- Djinda Kane as Claire
- Christopher Vourlias (1 August 2014). "Once-glittering Côte d'Ivoire film industry hopes for a sequel: Local filmmakers try for a cinematic renaissance after years of civil war and win a spot at Cannes". Al-Jazeera. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "2014 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "81 Countries In Competition For 2015 Foreign Language Film Oscar". AMPAS. 9 October 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- Essien, Iquo B. (9 October 2015). "Philippe Lacôte's Debut Feature 'Run' Is Ivory Coast's Best Foreign Language Film Oscar Entry". IndieWire. Retrieved 9 October 2015.