Rubus canescens is a European and Middle Eastern species of brambles in the rose family. It grows in southern and central Europe and in southwestern Asia from Portugal to Iran, north as far as Germany, Poland, and Ukraine.
The genetics of Rubus is extremely complex, so that it is difficult to decide on which groups should be recognized as species. There are many rare species with limited ranges such as this. Further study is suggested to clarify the taxonomy.
- ^ The Plant List, Rubus canescens DC.
- ^ Altervista Flora Italiana, Rovo tomentoso, Rubus canescens DC. includes photos and European distribution map
- ^ Institució Catalana d’Història Natural, Zarza cana (Rubus canescens) in Castillian Spanish, with photos
- ^ Tela Botanica, Rubus canescens DC. in French
- ^ Flora of North America, Rubus Linnaeus, 1754. Bramble