|Member of the Texas Senate|
from the 23rd district
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Eddie Bernice Johnson|
Royce Barry West
September 26, 1952
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Arlington, University of Houston|
Environment Texas’s Legislative Scorecard has given West a lifetime rating of 80% for his voting record concerning environmental legislation. In 2017, he voted against the environment on issues such as wind energy, bee protection, clean air, and pollution lawsuits. He voted in favor of the environment on issues such as green infrastructure, tire dumping, fracking enforcement and electric cars.
|Democratic||Royce West (Incumbent)||150,244||100.00||0.00|
|Democratic||Royce West (Incumbent)||101,793||100.00||0.00|
- Office of the Secretary of State (Texas) (2002-09-13). "State Senate Candidates for 2002 General Election". Archived from the original on 2008-02-13. Retrieved 2006-12-27.
- "2017 Texas Legislative Scorecard," Environment Texas, 2017 https://environmenttexas.org/sites/environment/files/TXE_2017_scorecard_04.pdf
- "2004 General Election". Office of the Secretary of State (Texas). Archived from the original on 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2007-01-04.
- "2002 General Election". Office of the Secretary of State (Texas). Archived from the original on 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2007-01-04.
- Senate of Texas - Senator Royce West official Texas Senate website
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Royce West (TX) profile
- Follow the Money - Royce West
Eddie Bernice Johnson
| Texas State Senator
from District 23 (Dallas)
Frank L. Madla
| President pro tempore of the Texas Senate
17 April 2006–9 January 2007
Mario Gallegos, Jr.