Rosslare Strand railway station
Rosslare Strand railway station (Irish: Stáisiún Thrá Ros Láir) is in County Wexford, Ireland. It is the junction of the Dublin–Rosslare railway line and the Limerick–Rosslare railway line, the Rosslare Strand to Waterford section of which is mothballed.
2801 working the early afternoon train to Dublin Connolly on platform 1
|Location||Station Road, Rosslare, County Wexford, Y35 NA06|
Republic of Ireland
|Owned by||Iarnród Éireann|
|Operated by||Iarnród Éireann|
|24 June 1882||Opened, as Rosslare|
|17 May 1889||Closed|
|6 August 1894||Reopened|
|18 September 2010||Services to Waterford cease|
|26 April 2014||Station becomes unmanned|
Dublin to Rosslare
A ticket machine is provided at the entrance and there are shelters on the platforms. There is also a small car park currently free of charge to rail users. Since Spring 2014 the station has been unstaffed and the ticket office, waiting room and toilets are no longer open. 
There are two platforms, one on the passing loop. The mothballed South Wexford section of the Limerick-Rosslare railway line can be accessed only via the second platform, the junction being on the passing loop.
Mothballing of Rosslare Europort to Waterford Rail SectionEdit
The final Rosslare Europort to Limerick passenger service ran on Saturday 18 September 2010, which saw the mothballing of most of the Rosslare Europort to Waterford section of track, except for the Waterford to Belview section which is used several times a week by freight trains.
Replacement bus service to WaterfordEdit
The rail service to Wellingtonbridge and Waterford is replaced by a revised Bus Éireann route 370 which caters for those affected by the suspension of the railway service. The bus stop is located on Strand Road in the centre of Rosslare Strand around five minutes on foot from the rail station.
The station opened, as Rosslare, on 24 June 1882. Renamed Rosslare Strand in 1906.
Prior to track modifications in 1973 it was possible to access the Waterford line from both platforms.
A signal cabin was at the Wexford end of the main platform.
|Preceding station||Iarnród Éireann||Following station|
Line and station closed
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- On 13 August 1974, two passenger trains were involved in a head-on collision at Rosslare Strand. Fifteen people were injured.
- http://www.irishrail.ie/accessibility Irish Rail Accessiblity Website
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 December 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Rosslare Strand" (PDF). Railscot - Irish Railways. Retrieved 7 September 2007.
- "Report of Inquiry into the collision that occurred at Rosslare Strand Station on 13th August, 1974" (PDF). RSC. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 November 2007. Retrieved 25 August 2008.
- Department of Transport and Power (March 1975). "REPORT OF INQUIRY INTO THE COLLISION THAT OCCURRED AT ROSSLARE STRAND STATION ON 13th AUGUST 1974" (PDF). The Stationery Office via Rail Accident Investigation Unit. Retrieved 16 May 2014.