List of Rose Bowl broadcasters
The Rose Bowl Game has been a part of college football on television since January 1, 1948. The 1948 Rose Bowl was telecast in Los Angeles on KTLA. The 1952 Rose Bowl, on NBC, was the first national telecast of a college football game. The network broadcast both the Tournament of Roses Parade and the following game. Television network, play-by-play and color commentator(s) for the Rose Bowl from 1952 to the present.
After the 2009-10 season, ESPN had the contract to broadcast the BCS games, including the Rose Bowl game. When the BCS was replaced by the College Football Playoff (CFP) in 2014, with the Rose Bowl Game as one of its six associated bowls, ESPN signed a new contract to broadcast all CFP games through the 2025 season.
|Date||Flagship station||Play-by-play||Color commentator(s)||Sideline reporter(s)|
|January 1, 2015||WWOF (Florida State)
- Disney makes $125 million BCS bid. Variety, November 12, 2008
- Reid Cherner & Tom Weir, "Rose Bowl headed to ESPN" Archived 2009-06-15 at the Wayback Machine, USA today, June 12, 2009
- John Ourand and Michael Smith (November 9, 2012). "ESPN homes in on 12-year BCS package". Sports Business Daily. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- "Reflections on NFL, ESPN, FinishLine.com and The New York Giants". Archived from the original on 3 December 2011. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Hiestand, Michael (2009-11-29). "ESPN/ABC spreads its bowl talent". Usatoday.Com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- First year of HDTV broadcasting beginning with the 2005 Rose Bowl
- First year of color television broadcasting beginning with the 1962 Rose Bowl
- First coast-to-coast television broadcast of a football game with the 1952 Rose Bowl by NBC.
- "Reflections on NFL, ESPN, FinishLine.com and The New York Giants". Archived from the original on 12 December 2009. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-03-26. Retrieved 2016-02-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2009-02-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- [dead link]
- "Breaking News - ABC Sports and Espn, InC. to Provide Extensive Coverage of Bowl Championship Series". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-12-16. Retrieved 2009-03-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)