Rosa Paula Iribagiza
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rosa Paula Iribagiza Mwambutsa (born 20 March 1934) is the current pretender to the throne of Burundi and a member of that nation's parliament. She was a sister of Burundi's last king (or Mwami), Ntare V (who had overthrown their father Mwambutsa IV in 1966), who was executed in 1972. In 2009, the Crown Princess called for an investigation into the death of her brother.
|Crown Princess Rosa Paula Iribagiza Mwambutsa|
|Crown Princess of Burundi|
|Head of the Royal House of Burundi|
|Period||26 April 1977 – present|
|Predecessor||King Mwambutsa IV Bangiricenge|
|Born||20 March 1934|
Gitega, Kingdom of Burundi, Ruanda-Urundi
(m. 1952 - div. ?)
Frédéric Van de Sande
|Issue||Prince Rémy Iribagiza|
Prince Charles Iribagiza
Princess Louise Iribagiza
Princess Michelle Iribagiza
|Father||King Mwambutsa IV Bangiricenge of Burundi|
She married twice.
With her first husband, Chief André Muhirwa of Busumanyi, she had two sons and two daughters.
- Prince Rémy. Firstly he married to Pascale Hody (later divorced). Secondly he married to Michèle Ingabire Gateretse.
- Prince Charles.
- Princess Louise (born in Muhinga, on 29 April 1956). Married to Camille Ngoga.
- Princess Michelle.
The Crown Princess also had issue by François Bourgeon, a French national, one daughter:
- Anita Iribagiza (born on 15 October 1970). Actress.
Also Princess Rosa Paula had further issue by Hamisi Masud Kiliza, one son and one daughter:
- Sheila Babile Kiliza (born in Nairobi, Kenya, on 16 June 1973).
- David Kabunga wa Mwambutsa Hamisi Kiliza (born in Nairobi, Kenya, on 2 July 1974).
|Ancestors of Rosa Paula Iribagiza|