Rory Fleck Byrne
Rory Fleck Byrne
Rory Fleck Byrne was born in England but moved to Ireland when he was nine years old. There he lived in Kilkenny until he moved to London in 2007 to train at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, graduating in 2010. He lives in London.
Fleck Bryne's first acting job was in Liverpool in the play Antony and Cleopatra opposite Kim Cattrall. In 2014 Bryne could be seen as Harry Abrams, an assistant of the psychological researcher Joseph Coupland, in the horror movie The Quiet Ones. In 2016 he played Ruby in the movie Tiger Raid. In 2017 he starred as Daniel Marney in eight episodes of Harlots, a drama series about Georgian-era brothels, and the women working there. Fleck Byrne's character Daniel falls in love with the madam of a low-class brothel. Later in 2017 he starred opposite Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan in The Foreigner. Fleck Bryne played Brosnan's nephew Sean Morrison, a former British royal navy officer. He later stated that up to then this was one of the best and most challenging experiences he had ever had. He had to train with a stunt team to fight martial arts and get into the mind of a hit-man. As he enjoyed martial arts so much he continued to train it after the film was finished with a personal trainer in London. Fleck Bryne also worked as an actor, writer and producer in the short films Inbox and Bodies. Bodies was set in his hometown Kilkenny. It is about the relationship of two funeral directors who struggle to stay connected to life. Inbox was released with help of the crowdfunding website Kickstarter.
Next to acting Fleck Byrne also enjoys singing. In an interview he mentioned that if he had not become an actor, he would have loved to have been the frontman of a band. He also writes his own songs.
|2013||Untitled Blues||Bill Ford||Short|
|2014||The Quiet Ones||Harry Abrams||Film|
|2014||Vampire Academy||Andre Dragomir||Film|
|2017||The Foreigner||Sean Morrison||Film|
|2019||After the Harvest II||Cillian||Film|
|2014||Grantchester||Ben Blackwood||TV series, episode 1x04|
|2014||Damo and Ivor||Liam Delaney||TV series, episode 2x02-2x06|
|2016||Midsomer Murders||Dale Nevins||TV series, episode 18x06 Harvest of Souls|
|2016||Jack Taylor||Alan||TV series, episode 3x03 In Purgatory|
|2016||To Walk Invisible||Arthur Nicholls||TV movie|
|2017||Harlots||Daniel Marney||TV series, episode 1x01-1x08|
|2018||Death in Paradise||Adam Warner||TV series, episode 7x05 Murder on the Day of the Dead|
|2019||Ghosts||Toby Nightingale||TV series, episode 1x04 Free Pass|
|2010||Antony and Cleopatra||Demetrius/Dollabella||Liverpool Playhouse||Liverpool|||
|2011||Cause Célèbre||Ewen Montagu||The Old Vic||London|||
|2011||Disco Pigs||Pig||Young Vic||London|||
|2011||The Lion in Winter||Philip||Theatre Royal||Haymarket, London|||
|2013||That Face||Henry||The Landor Theatre||London|||
|2014||The Vortex||Nicky Lancaster||Gate Theatre||Dublin|||
|2014||The Well Rested Terroris||Singer||Peacock||Dublin|||
|2014-2015||King Charles III||William||Wyndham's Theatre||London|||
|2016||Anna Karenina||Vronsky||Abbey theatre||Dublin|||
|2018||The Phlebotomist||Aaron||Hampstead Downstairs||London|||
|2014||Juno and the Paycock||BBC Radio 4 Drama||Johnny Boyle|||
|2018||Vive la Republique||BBC Radio 4 Drama||Daniel Cohn-Bendit|||
- "I'm playing British characters on stage but I'll always be Irish". Irish Times. Retrieved 2017-12-25.
- Ciara Dwyer. "Rory Fleck-Byrne". Irish Independent.
- Eithne Shortall. "Earth child's bigger picture. Rory Fleck-Byrne stars alongside Pierce Brosnan and Jackie Chan in his latest film but there's another important role when it comes to travel and global injustice, the actor tells Eithne Shortall". The Times.
- "Rory Fleck-Byrne".
- Michael O'Sullivan. "Movie review: 'The Quiet Ones' keeps things interesting".
- "Gleeson's Iraq thriller to have world premiere in NY".
- "'Harlots' Finale Sneak Peek: Charlotte Contemplates the Ultimate Brothel Betrayal — Watch.author=Hanh Nguyen".
- Georgia Packham Anderson. "Rory Fleck Byrne - 1883 Magazine".
- Nestor Bentanco. "Rory Fleck Byrne Talks THE FOREIGNER in Exclusive Interview".
- "'The Foreigner's' Rory Fleck Byrne Takes On Jackie Chan With No Fighting Experience".
- "Rory F Byrne. The Irish newcomer on movie genres and acting megastars".
- Luis Lecca. "Exclusive: Rory Fleck Byrne on Going "Toe To Toe" With Jackie Chan in THE FOREIGNER".
- Brillant Nyansago. "In Conversation with Rory Fleck Byrne".
- Max Ianneselli. "RORY FLECK BYRN".
- B. Welby-Delimere. "Inbox short film".
- Libby Smith. "Rory Fleck – Byrne".
- Helen Meany. "Anna Karenina review – Lisa Dwan gives uncertain dazzle to Tolstoy".
- Lyn Gardner. "The Phlebotomist review – a gasp-worthy dystopian thriller".
- Paul Vaughan. "Rory Fleck Byrne".
- "Antony and Cleopatra".
- David Benedict. "Cause Celebre".
- "Saturday Drama. Cause Celebre". bbc.co.uk.
- Matilda Battersby. "Disco Pigs, Young Vic, London".
- Matt Wolf. "The Lion in Winter, Theatre Royal, Haymarket".
- Miriam Zendle. "Reviews. That Face".
- John McKeown. "Theatre: A horribly good performance of beastliness".
- Peter Crawley. "Review: The Well Rested Terrorist".
- Lynn Slotkin. "REVIEW: KING CHARLES III".
- "Juno and the Paycock". bbc.co.uk.
- "Vive la Republique". bbc.co.uk.