Romeoville is a village in Will County, Illinois, United States. The village is located 26 mi (42 km) southwest of Chicago on the Des Plaines River. Per the 2020 census, the population was 39,863. It is located in the southwest suburban area of Chicago near Interstate 55 and Interstate 355.
|Village of Romeoville|
Where Community Matters!
|• Mayor||John Noak|
|• Total||20.16 sq mi (52.21 km2)|
|• Land||19.13 sq mi (49.55 km2)|
|• Water||1.03 sq mi (2.67 km2)|
|Elevation||630 ft (190 m)|
|• Density||2,083.80/sq mi (804.58/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
|Area codes||815/779 and 630/331|
|GNIS feature ID||2399114|
According to the 2010 census, Romeoville has a total area of 18.759 square miles (48.59 km2), of which 18.44 square miles (47.76 km2) (or 98.3%) is land and 0.319 square miles (0.83 km2) (or 1.7%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
|Race / Ethnicity||Pop 2010||Pop 2020||% 2010||% 2020|
|White alone (NH)||19,992||16,654||50.38%||41.78%|
|Black or African American alone (NH)||4,545||5,362||11.45%||13.45%|
|Native American or Alaska Native alone (NH)||61||32||0.15%||0.08%|
|Asian alone (NH)||2,486||2,718||6.27%||6.82%|
|Pacific Islander alone (NH)||3||2||0.01%||0.01%|
|Some Other Race alone (NH)||53||121||0.13%||0.30%|
|Mixed Race/Multi-Racial (NH)||657||1,166||1.66%||2.93%|
|Hispanic or Latino (any race)||11,883||13,808||29.95%||34.64%|
Note: the US Census treats Hispanic/Latino as an ethnic category. This table excludes Latinos from the racial categories and assigns them to a separate category. Hispanics/Latinos can be of any race.
Romeoville is home to over 600 businesses. In 2013, the village won a Gold Medal from the International Economic Development Council and Atlas Integrated in the High Performance Economic Development category. They earned the award by creating 1,560 jobs during 2012/2013, which was the most for a town with a population between 25,001 to 100,000.
According to the village website, the top employers in the village are:
|#||Employer||# of Employees|
|2||Valley View School District 365U||1,300|
|4||PDV Midwest Refining CITGO||803|
|9||Magid Glove and Safety||529|
Other major employers include Kehe Foods, FedEx Ground, and the Village of Romeoville.
Romeoville residents attend the following schools:
- Valley View Early Childhood Center
- Beverly Skoff Elementary School
- Irene King Elementary School
- Kenneth L. Hermansen Elementary School
- Robert C. Hill Elementary School
- A. Vito Martinez Middle School
- John J. Lukancic Middle School
- Romeoville High School
- St. Andrew the Apostle School
- Eichelberger Elementary School
- Creekside Elementary School
- Lakewood Falls Elementary School
- John F Kennedy Middle School
- Indian Trails Middle School
- Plainfield East High School
- Metra station on the Heritage Corridor line.
- Lewis University Airport for basic aircraft to Boeing Business class.
- Pace bus route 834.
Major highways in Romeoville include:
- Gerald Coleman, played goalie for the Lake Erie Monsters and Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Egotistico Fantastico, pro wrestler
- Oliver Gibson, DT, played with the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Antonio Morrison, LB, played with the Indianapolis Colts and Green Bay Packers.
- Byron Stingily, OT, played with the Tennessee Titans and Pittsburgh Steelers.
- "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved March 15, 2022.
- "USGS detail on Newtown". Retrieved 2007-10-21.
- "Village of Romeoville". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- "Romeoville village, Illinois". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved April 15, 2022.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2020-02-13. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "NWS Forecast Office Chicago, IL". September 11, 2019.
- "Decennial Census of Population and Housing by Decades". US Census Bureau.
- "P2 HISPANIC OR LATINO, AND NOT HISPANIC OR LATINO BY RACE – 2010: DEC Redistricting Data (PL 94-171) – Romeoville village, Illinois". United States Census Bureau.
- "P2 HISPANIC OR LATINO, AND NOT HISPANIC OR LATINO BY RACE – 2020: DEC Redistricting Data (PL 94-171) – Romeoville village, Illinois". United States Census Bureau.
- "ArcGIS Web Application".
- "High Performance Economic Developers: The Winners!".
- "Our Top Employers | Romeoville, IL".