Denneboom playing for FC Twente
|Full name||Romano Joël Denneboom|
|Date of birth||29 January 1981|
|Place of birth||Schiedam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2003–2004||→ Willem II (loan)||25||(5)|
|2009–2010||→ Sparta (loan)||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Schiedam, Denneboom began his career in amateur football with Hekelingen and VV Spijkenisse. After turning professional in 1998 with Heerenveen, Denneboom has also played in the Netherlands for Willem II, NEC, Twente and Sparta Rotterdam. While playing for NEC in July 2004, Denneboom turned down a chance to sign for Scottish team Aberdeen as his wife was due to give birth.
After leaving Twente in the summer of 2010, Denneboom went on trial at Scottish Premier League club Hibernian in August 2010. By September 2010, the potential move to Hibernian stalled over the length of the contract on offer.
Denneboom made one international appearance for Netherlands national football team in a friendly against Liechtenstein on 3 September 2004. During this match he was replaced at half time by Dirk Kuyt, who also made his first international appearance.
- "Denneboom, Romano" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Romano Denneboom" (in Dutch). Voetbal International. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Dons miss out on Denneboom". BBC Sport. 5 July 2004. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- David Hardie (16 August 2010). "Hibs boss takes on Dutch striker Denneboom on trial". Edinburgh Evening News. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Hibernian weigh up move for Trakys or Denneboom". BBC Sport. 9 September 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "Hatters looking at Dutch international?". Luton Today. 17 November 2011. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Player profile". National-Football-Teams.com. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "DIRK KUYT DEBUTEERT IN ORANJE- Feyenoord.nl". www.feyenoord.nl.