Romania at the 1952 Summer Olympics
Romania competed at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki, Finland. The nation returned to the Olympic Games after having missed the 1948 Summer Olympics. 114 competitors, 103 men and 11 women, took part in 67 events in 15 sports.
|Romania at the|
1952 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Romanian Olympic and Sports Committee|
|Competitors||114 in 15 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Iosif Sîrbu — Shooting, Men's Small-bore Rifle, prone
- Vasile Tiță — Boxing, Men's Middleweight
- Men's Team Competition
- Qualification Round (Group C)
- Lost to Canada (51-72)
- Lost to Italy (39-53) → did not advance, 23rd place
- Team Roster
- Road Competition
Men's Individual Road Race (190.4 km)
- Constantin Stanescu — 5:20:01.4 (→ 29th place)
- Marin Niculescu — 5:23:34.1 (→ 41st place)
- Victor Georgescu — 5:24:27.5 (→ 44th place)
- Petre Nuță — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Track Competition
Men's 1.000m Time Trial
- Final — 1:14.4 (→ 7th place)
Men's 1.000m Sprint Scratch Race
- Ion Ionita — 25th place
Eight fencers, all men, represented Romania in 1952.
- Preliminary Round
- Team Roster
- "Romania at the 1952 Helsinki Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Romania Rowing at the 1952 Helsinki Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 10 March 2018.