Roman GianArthur is an American musician, singer-songwriter and record producer known for his collaborations with artists Janelle Monáe and Jidenna. He is a member of Monae's Wondaland Arts Collective, and was featured on Jidenna's Grammy-nominated single "Classic Man". He has also contributed to Monae's albums The ArchAndroid and The Electric Lady. His single "iKnow" was featured on the EP Wondaland Presents: The Eephus. In September 2015, Rolling Stone named GianArthur to a list of "10 New Artists You Need to Know."
|Born||November 21, 1988|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer-songwriter, record producer|
|Associated acts||Janelle Monáe, Jidenna, Deep Cotton|
GianArthur has said that when he was a child, his father asked him what sort of superpower he would want to have. He said he would want to play any instrument and speak any language in the world. GianArthur now says that he feels different instruments are like different musical dialects, and plays the guitar and piano, among other instruments. GianArthur is also largely inspired by his faith. In Wondaland Presents: The Future, he said that he tries "to be ready" for when God inspires him to write a song.
- OK LADY (2015 EP)
- "Grammy Nominations 2016: See the Full List of Nominees". Billboard. December 7, 2015. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Roman GianArthur". Billboard. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Brown, Harley (August 12, 2015). "The Wondaland Records Crew Throw Out Their Scripts For 'The Eephus' EP". Spin. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- "10 New Artists You Need to Know: September 2015". Rolling Stone. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Four Artists from Janelle Monae's Wondaland You Should Be Listening to Right Now". VH1. August 18, 2015. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Brown, Harley (August 17, 2015). "Jidenna, St. Beauty, and Roman GianArthur Explore Music's Extra-Sonic Powers". Spin. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Bean, Adan (May 21, 2015). "The Forth Five: Roman GianArthur". Forth District. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- "OK LADY". SoundCloud. Retrieved 2015-10-10.