Roman Dolidze (born July 15, 1988) is a Georgian mixed martial artist currently competing in the Middleweight division for the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). A professional competitor since 2016, Dolidze was the former World Warriors Fight Championship (WWFC) champion, ADCC Asia & Oceania champion, and Grappling FILA world champion.
|Born||15 July 1988|
Batumi, Georgian SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
|Division||Light heavyweight |
|Reach||76 in (193 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Odessa, Ukraine|
Xtreme Couture MMA
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Dolidze was born on July 15, 1988, in Batumi, Georgian SSR, Soviet Union (now Georgia). Dolidze played soccer for eight years, the last three years of which spent as a professional goalkeeper. At the age of 20, he moved to Ukraine to study, and started training in sambo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu and eventually grappling. He went on to become the World Grappling Champion and the European Grappling Champion under United World Wrestling rules, as well as becoming the ADCC Asia & Oceania Champion at 99kg (218 pounds) in 2016. This earned him a spot in the prestigious ADCC Worlds Tournament in 2017, however he was defeated in the first round. At age of 28, he started to train in MMA. 
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Dolidze made his MMA debut in 2016, where he fighting out of Odessa, Ukraine. After winning his debut fight against Alexander Kovbel, Dolidze would go on to amass a 4-0 record in the Ukrainian circuit, before being given the chance to fight Eder de Souza for the vacant WWFC Light Heavyweight title. He beat de Souza by a second-round knockout. He was scheduled to defend his title against Michał Pasternak at WWFC 13. Dolidze beat Pasternak by a third-round knockout.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Dolidze got signed to the UFC but before he made his debut, he tested positive for clomiphene and its metabolites M1 and M2, as well as a long-term metabolite of dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (DHCMT), 4-chloro-18-nor-17β-hydroxymethyl,17α-methyl-5α-androst-13-en-3α-ol (M3), as the result of an out-of-competition urine sample collected on March 12, 2019. He was suspended for one year due to this violation and he was eligible to fight in March 12, 2020.
On September 3, 2020, Dolidze along with Ryan Benoit, were granted temporary licenses following special hearings by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after they had recurring issues with the long-term metabolite of Turinabol pulsing in their system in trace amounts, long after ingestion. Both Benoit and Dolidze have already been suspended by United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), the UFC's anti-doping partner. Neither were facing a violation in Nevada, but the UFC wanted to get ahead of a potential issue. This was after USADA added a threshold for the presence of the M3 metabolite of DHCMT. If a test result is below 100 picograms per milliliter of the substance, it is no longer considered a violation, but an atypical finding, providing there is no evidence of new ingestion or performance-enhancing effects. Benoit and Dolidze were granted temporary licenses to compete beginning Dec. 1 following a six-month period of bimonthly testing by USADA.
A bout between Khadis Ibragimov and Roman Dolidze was initially scheduled for the promotion's inaugural event in Kazakhstan planned a month prior. However, the fight was postponed after the card was moved to Las Vegas due to travel restrictions for both participants related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pairing was left intact and eventually took place on July 19, 2020 at UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2. Dolidze won the fight via technical knockout in round one after in process of high kick, Ibragimov tried to go for a takedown, during which Dolidze hit him with a knee, knocking Ibragimov out.
Dolidze was scheduled to face Alessio Di Chirico on June 5, 2021 at UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Sakai. However, Di Chirico pulled out of the contest in mid-May due to an injury. Di Chirico was replaced by Laureano Staropoli. In a lackluster fight where Dolidze mostly held Staropoli in the clinch, he won the fight via unanimous decision.
Dolidze was scheduled to face Eryk Anders on November 13, 2021 at UFC Fight Night 197. However, Anders was pulled the event for undisclosed reasons, and he was replaced by Kyle Daukaus. In turn, the bout was scrapped due to COVID-19 protocols related to Dolidze’s camp.
Dolidze was scheduled to face Brendan Allen, replacing Brad Tavares on December 4, 2021 at UFC on ESPN 31. However, Dolidze was forced to pull from the bout due to complications in his recovery from COVID-19 and he was replaced by Chris Curtis.
Dolidze was rescheduled to face Kyle Daukaus on June 18, 2022 at UFC on ESPN 37. He won the bout in the first round knocking out Daukaus with a knee and punches. This win earned him the Performance of the Night award.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
Mixed martial artsEdit
- World Warriors Fight Championship
- WWFC Light Heavyweight Championship 
- One successful title defense
- WWFC Light Heavyweight Championship 
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|11 matches||10 wins||1 loss|
|Win||10–1||Kyle Daukaus||KO (knee and punches)||UFC on ESPN: Kattar vs. Emmett||June 18, 2022||1||1:13||Austin, Texas, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||9–1||Laureano Staropoli||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Sakai||June 5, 2021||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||8–1||Trevin Giles||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on ESPN: Brunson vs. Holland||March 20, 2021||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Middleweight debut.|
|Win||8–0||John Allan||Decision (split)||UFC on ESPN: Hermansson vs. Vettori||December 5, 2020||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||7–0||Khadis Ibragimov||TKO (knee and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2||July 19, 2020||1||4:15||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Win||6–0||Michał Pasternak||KO (punch)||WWFC 13||December 18, 2018||3||3:00||Kyiv, Ukraine||Defended the WWFC Light Heavyweight Championship.|
|Win||5–0||Eder de Souza||KO (punch)||WWFC 11||June 16, 2018||2||3:36||Kyiv, Ukraine||Won the vacant WWFC Light Heavyweight Championship.|
|Win||4–0||Amirali Zhoroev||TKO (punches)||WWFC 9||December 14, 2017||1||3:34||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Win||3–0||Ilyas Abdulaev||Submission (rear-naked choke)||WWFC 7||June 14, 2017||1||1:21||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Win||2–0||Rémi Delcampe||Submission (heel hook)||WWFC: Cage Encounter 6||March 29, 2017||1||0:56||Kyiv, Ukraine||Light Heavyweight debut.|
|Win||1–0||Alexander Kovbel||Submission (heel hook)||RFP 53: West Fight 23||December 9, 2016||1||0:42||Odessa, Ukraine||Heavyweight debut.|
- "Stats | UFC". ufcstats.com. Retrieved 2020-10-04.
- "UFC". ufc.com. UFC. Retrieved 5 August 2020.
- "mixedmartialarts". mixedmartialarts.com. mixedmartialarts. Retrieved 5 August 2020.
- "UFC Fight Island 2: Who is light heavyweight newcomer Roman Dolidze?". FanSided. 17 July 2020. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "One to 'Watch' at UFC Kazakhstan: Roman Dolidze". Read MMA. 11 April 2020. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- Rondina, Steven. "MMA Fighter Left Frozen After One-Punch Knockout". bleacherreport.com. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- "Porażka Michała Pasternaka na gali MMA w Kijowie". pinczow.com. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- "Były mistrz PLMMA Michał Pasternak vs Roman Dolidze o pas na ukraińskim WWFC 13". mmanews.pl. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- "USADA Statement on Roman Dolidze | UFC". www.ufc.com. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- Martin, Damon. "Ryan Benoit, Roman Dolidze approved for temporary licenses in Nevada after ordeal with oral turinabol testing". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- Staff (2020-03-03). "Khadis Ibragimov meets Roman Dolidze during UFC Nur-Sultan in Kazakhstan". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2020-03-03. (in Dutch)
- Nolan King (2020-06-11). "UFC targeting Roman Dolidze vs. Khadis Ibragimov for July 18 event". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Bitter, Shawn (2020-07-18). "UFC Fight Island 2 Results: Roman Dolidze Sleeps Khadis Ibragimov". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Roman Dolidze def. John Allan :: UFC on ESPN 19 :: MMA Decisions". mmadecisions.com. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- McClory, Mike (5 December 2020). "UFC Vegas 16 Results: Roman Dolidze Better Than Scorecards Show Against John Allan". Cageside Press. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- Alexander K. Lee and Mike Heck (2021-03-10). "Dricus Du Plessis out of UFC Vegas 22, Roman Dolidze steps in to fight Trevin Giles". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2021-03-10.
- Behunin, Alex (20 March 2021). "UFC Vegas 22 Results: Trevin Giles Takes Roman Dolidze's 0, Wins Unanimous Decision". Cageside Press. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- DNA, MMA (2021-03-29). "Alessio Di Chirico treft Roman Dolidze tijdens UFC evenement op 5 juni". MMA DNA. Retrieved 2021-03-29.
- Alexander K. Lee and Mike Heck (2021-05-20). "Alessio Di Chirico vs. Roman Dolidze off of June 5 UFC event". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
- Steve Duncan (2021-05-22). "Di Chirico injured, Laureano Staropoli faces Roman Dolidze at UFC Vegas 28". mma.uno. Retrieved 2021-05-23. (in Spanish)
- Anderson, Jay (2021-06-05). "UFC Vegas 28 Results: Roman Dolidze Out-Grapples Laureano Staropoli". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- Martin, Damon (2021-06-05). "UFC Vegas 28 results: Roman Dolidze clinches his way to unanimous decision win against Laureano Staropoli". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- Heck, Mike (2021-09-03). "Eryk Anders vs. Roman Dolidze booked for UFC event on Nov. 13". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2021-09-03.
- "With Eryk Anders out, Roman Dolidze vs. Kyle Daukaus targeted for UFC Fight Night 197". MMA Junkie. 2021-10-29. Retrieved 2021-10-30.
- Al-Shatti, Shaun (2021-10-29). "Kyle Daukaus vs. Roman Dolidze set for UFC's Nov. 13 event following Kevin Holland withdrawal". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2021-10-30.
- Damon Martin (2021-11-10). "Kyle Daukaus vs. Roman Dolidze scrapped from UFC Vegas 42 card". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2021-11-10.
- Alexander K. Lee (2021-11-18). "Roman Dolidze steps in for Brad Tavares to fight Brendan Allen at UFC Vegas 44". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2021-11-18.
- ATSteveDuncan (2021-11-23). "Dolidze fuera, Chris Curtis enfrenta a Brendan Allen en UFC Vegas 44". MMA.uno , #1 En noticias de Artes Marciales Mixtas (MMA) en Español. (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-11-23.
- Anderson, Jay (2022-04-05). "UFC: Kyle Daukaus vs. Roman Dolidze Back on for June 18". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2022-04-06.
- Anderson, Jay (18 June 2022). "UFC Austin: Roman Dolidze Makes Quick Work of Kyle Daukaus, Calls for Bonus". Cageside Press. Retrieved 19 June 2022.
- MMA Fighting Newswire (2022-06-18). "UFC Austin post-fight bonuses: All finishers earn $50k payouts". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2022-06-18.
- Bitter, Shawn (23 January 2019). "Welcome to the UFC: Roman Dolidze". Cageside Press. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- Sherdog.com. "Roman Dolidze". Sherdog. Retrieved 2020-08-07.