Roman Catholic Diocese of Santarém, Portugal
- You may be looking for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Santarém, Brazil
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Santarém (Latin: Dioecesis Santaremensis in Lusitania) is a diocese of the Latin Rite of the Roman Catholic Church in Portugal. Erected in 1975, the diocese is a suffragan of the archdiocese of Lisbon. Its see at Santarém is north-east of Lisbon.
Diocese of Santarém
Dioecesis Santaremensis in Lusitania
Diocese de Santarém
|Metropolitan||Patriarchate of Lisbon|
|Area||3,202 km2 (1,236 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2004)|
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||16 July 1975|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption in Santarém|
|Patron saint||Immaculate Conception|
|Bishop||Manuel Pelino Domingues|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Manuel III|
|Website of the Diocese|
- António Francisco Marques, O.F.M. † (16 Jul 1975 Appointed - 28 Aug 1997 Died)
- Manuel Pelino Domingues (27 Jan 1998 Appointed - )
- David M. Cheney. "Santarém (Diocese)". Catholic-hierarchy.org. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
- David M. Cheney. "Bishop Manual Pelino Domingues [Catholic-Hierarchy]". Catholic-hierarchy.org. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
- (in Portuguese) http://www.agencia.ecclesia.pt/dioceses/santarem.asp