The Roman Catholic Diocese of Kaišiadorys (Latin: Kaisiadorensis) is a diocese located in the city of Kaišiadorys in the Ecclesiastical Province of Vilnius in Lithuania. It was established on 4 April 1926 from the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Vilnius.
Diocese of Kaišiadorys
|Area||6,557 km2 (2,532 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2016)|
|Patron saint||St Joseph|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Gintaras Grušas|
|Bishops emeritus||Juozapas Matulaitis-Labukas|
Location of Diocese of Kaišiadorys in Lithuania
|Website of the Diocese|
(all Roman Rite)
- Juozapas Kukta (5 April 1926 – 16 June 1942 Died)
- Teofilius Matulionis (9 January 1943 – 20 August 1962 Died)
- Juozapas Matulaitis-Labukas (24 December 1991 – 11 February 2012 Retired)
- Jonas Ivanauskas (11 February 2012 – )
Between 1982 and 1991, Kaišiadorys was led by Apostolic Administrators rather than bishops.