Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Keewatin–Le Pas
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Keewatin–Le Pas (Latin: Archidioecesis Kivotina–Passitana) is a Roman Catholic archdiocese that includes parts of the Provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Ontario and has the suffragan diocese of Churchill-Baie d'Hudson. The current archbishop is Murray Chatlain.
Archdiocese of Keewatin–Le Pas
|Ecclesiastical province||Keewatin–Le Pas|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2006)|
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||4 March 1910|
|Cathedral||Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Cathedral|
|Bishops emeritus||Sylvain Lavoie, O.M.I.|
As of 2006, the archdiocese contains 49 parishes, 3 active diocesan priests, 15 religious priests, and 42,000 Catholics. It has 3 religious nuns.
The following is a list of the bishops and archbishops of Keewatin-Le Pas and their terms of service:
- Ovide Charlebois, O.M.I. (1910–1933)
- Martin Giuseppe Onorio LeJeunesse, O.M.I. (1933–1954)
- Paul Dumouchel, O.M.I. (1955–1986)
- Peter Alfred Sutton, O.M.I. (1986–2006)
- Sylvain Lavoie, O.M.I. (2006–2012)
- Murray Chatlain (2012–present)
- Archdiocese of Keewatin–Le Pas page at catholichierarchy.org retrieved June 11, 2013
- John Barker (December 8, 2012). "Pope Benedict XVI names Most Rev. Murray Chatlain as archbishop-elect of Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Keewatin-Le Pas". Thompson Citizen. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
|This article about a Roman Catholic diocese in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Manitoba-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|