The Catholic Archdiocese of Cape Coast (Latin: a Litore Aureo) is the Metropolitan See for the ecclesiastical province of Cape Coast in Ghana. The Archdiocese has been generous in supplying priests for underserved areas of the United States; for example, in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Victoria in Texas in the Victoria, Texas area, 16 of the 64 priests are from Ghana- many have been incardinated into (became part of the official body of priest clergy) the diocese and have become U.S. citizens, serving as pastors of church parishes.
The seat of the archbishop is St. Francis de Sales Cathedral in Cape Coast.
- Vicars Apostolic of Gold Coast
- Maximilien Albert, S.M.A. (1895-1903)
- Isidore Klaus, S.M.A. (1904-1905)
- François-Ignace Hummel, S.M.A. (1906-1924)
- Ernest Hauger, S.M.A. (1925-1932)
- Archbishops of Cape Coast
- John Kodwo Amissah (1957-1959), appointed Archbishop here
- Matthias Kobena Nketsiah (2006-2010), appointed Archbishop here
Other priest of this diocese who became bishopEdit
- Joseph Amihere Essuah, appointed Bishop of Kumasi in 1962