Rolo Banca 1473 S.p.A. was an Italian bank based in Bologna, Italy. It was formed by the merger of Credito Italiano subsidiaries Credito Romagnolo, and Carimonte Banca. The intermediate holding company of the bank was Credit Carimonte, a 51–49 joint venture of Credito Italiano (after 1998 UniCredit) and Carimonte Holding (itself another joint venture of Fondazione Carimodena and Fondazione del Monte di Bologna e Ravenna in 50–50 voting rights and 60–40 share capitals).
|Rolo Banca 1473 S.p.A.|
|Founded||1 January 1996|
|Defunct||30 June 2002|
|Fate||absorbed into UniCredit|
|Headquarters||Palazzo Magnani, 20 via Zamboni, |
The predecessor of the bank could be traced back to Mount of Piety of Bologna, found 1473, which was merged with Mount of Piety of Ravenna (found 1492) to form Banca del Monte di Bologna e Ravenna in 1966. In 1991 Carimonte Banca was formed by the merger of the Banca Monte and Cassa di Risparmio di Modena (found 1846). On 1 January 1996 Carimonte was merged with Credito Romagnolo (found 1896), a Credito Italiano subsidiary. Credito Romagnolo Holding, a sub-holding company, was renamed to Rolo Banca 1473 S.p.A..
In 1998 Rolo Banca became part of UniCredito Italiano (UniCredit), after the ultimate parent company was merged with Unicredito. Rolo Banca also absorbed Banca Popolare del Molise, Carimonte Fondiario and Rolosim into the company in the same year.
in 1999 Rolo Banca acquired a majority interests in Banca dell'Umbria.
As at 31 December 2001, Rolo Banca had a shareholders equity of €3.173 billion in a consolidated balance sheet.
On 30 June 2002, Rolo Banca, Banca CRT, Cariverona Banca, Cassamarca, Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto, Cassa di Risparmio di Trieste and Credit Carimonte were absorbed into UniCredit Banca.
- "2001 Bilancio Consolidato" (PDF). UniCredit (in Italian). Borsa Italiana archive. 30 April 2002. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "2001 Bilancio di Esercizio" (PDF) (in Italian). Fondazione del Monte di Bologna e Ravenna. 4 July 2007 [First published 2002]. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "2001 Bilancio consuntivo" (PDF). Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Modena (in Italian). ACRI archive. 27 February 2004 [First published 2002]. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "chi siamo" [About us] (in Italian). Rolo Banca. Archived from the original on 4 December 2001. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "ROLO BANCA 1473 SPA: l'Assemblea di Rolo Banca 1473 approva la delibera di incorporazione delle controllate Banca Popolare del Molise S.p.A., Carimonte Fondiario S.p.A. e Rolosim S.p.A." (in Italian). Rolo Banca. 23 June 1998. Archived from the original on 13 February 2003. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "2000 Bilancio Consolidato" (PDF). Rolo Banca (in Italian). Borsa Italiana archive. 18 May 2001. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "p.355–394, 2001 Bilancio" (PDF) (in Italian). Rolo Banca. 20 May 2002. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 April 2005. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Credit Carimonte (5 April 2002). "Convocazione di assemblea straordinaria" (in Italian). Italian Republic Official Gazette. Retrieved 28 February 2016.