Rolf Zacher (28 March 1941 – 3 February 2018) was a German actor.
|Born||28 March 1941|
|Died||3 February 2018 (aged 76)|
|Spouse(s)||Martine Getty (divorced)|
Life and careerEdit
Zacher appeared in about 190 films and television shows between 1961 and 2016, often in illustrous or eccentric character roles. He starred in the 1971 film Jaider, der einsame Jäger, which was entered into the 21st Berlin International Film Festival.
He won the Deutscher Filmpreis for portraying a criminal in Reinhard Hauff's film drama Endstation Freiheit (1980). A film critic once called Zacher the "best small-time criminal of German cinema".
In 2016, Zacher appeared in Ich bin ein Star – Holt mich hier raus!, the German version of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, but had to leave after eight days for medical reasons. He died at a nursing home in Hamburg on 3 February 2018 at the age of 76.
- "Rolf Zacher". Film Portal. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "Jaider, der einsame Jäger". Film Affinity. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- Der Westen: Schauspieler Rolf-Dieter Zacher mit 76 Jahren gestorben, derwesten.de; accessed 28 February 2018.(in German)
- ONLINE, RP. "Rolf Zacher hat das Dschungelcamp verlassen". RP ONLINE.
- Rolf Zacher ist tot - In der Rolle des Ganoven, spiegel.de; accessed 28 February 2018.(in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rolf Zacher.|