Rodinná pouta is a Czech soap opera that was produced and broadcast by Prima and aired from 2004 to 2006. In the Czech Rodinná pouta means 'family ties'. The series was the first original series broadcast nationwide in the Czech Republic on a commercial television station; until that time all original Czech series had been broadcast by state broadcaster Česká televize, and earlier its predecessor, Czechoslovak Television. The show, which produced 240 episodes over the first two seasons, attracted over a million viewers, becoming Prima's most-watched programme.
|Country of origin||Czech Republic|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||254|
|Production companies||PRO TV (2004–2006)|
Etamp Film Production(2006)
|Release||23 March 2004 –|
27 December 2006
|Velmi křehké vztahy|
The show follows the lives of the Skála, Rubeš and Boháček families and many other people that live around them.
The first series of Rodinná pouta consisted of 116 episodes and gained a television audience averaging 1.62 million viewers. The second series averaged 1.5 million viewers and consisted of 124 episodes.
The first two series of Rodinná pouta were produced by the company PRO TV. Following the second series, production moved to a different company, called Etamp Film Production, for the third series. This led to PRO TV filing a court case against host network Prima, claiming that this was a breach of their contract. In December 2006, Prima announced that the show would end that month, due to the court case. Many actors of the series were retained to feature in a new Prima series under the name Velmi křehké vztahy, which started in January 2007.
Awards and nominations edit
For her role as Ivana, actress Zdeňka Žádníková-Volencová was named Discovery of the Year at the 2005 TýTý Awards. The series was nominated for the Best Television Series award at the 2006 TýTý Awards but the award was won by Četnické humoresky.
- "Prima kvůli sporům ukončí vysílání třetí řady Rodinných pout". Czech Radio (in Czech). 19 December 2006. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Rodinná pouta nekončí". novinky.cz (in Czech). 16 June 2006. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Soud zakázal Primě natáčení Rodinných pout". novinky.cz (in Czech). 17 December 2006. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Seriál Rodinná pouta – kdo je kdo". idnes.cz (in Czech). 1 August 2005. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Prima přetaví Pouta na Velmi křehké vztahy". idnes.cz (in Czech). 23 December 2006. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Dočekalová, Markéta (2010). Tvůrčí psaní 3, Volume 3 (in Czech). Prague: Grada. p. 78.
- "Standa Dolinek přišel na TýTý s pouty". idnes.cz (in Czech). 2 March 2005. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Četnické humoresky získaly cenu TýTý". Česká televize (in Czech). 13 March 2006. Retrieved 26 October 2017.