|Type||Brand of Choice Hotels|
|Founders||Michael Robinson Joe Simmons|
|Successor||All in federal Credit union|
Number of locations
|578 (June 30, 2020)|
|United States, Canada|
|Randy Pratt owner|
The chain was established in Phoenix, Arizona, in 1962. Michael Robinson and his son-in-law Joe Simmons opened the chain under the name Rodeway Inns of America. In 1971, the Vantage Company of Dallas, Texas, acquired the hotel chain. Prudential Life Insurance partnered with Rodeway Inns to finance the company-owned inns with the goal of becoming a franchise. In 1976, the company began focusing exclusively on franchising. In 1985, Ladbrokes purchased the brand, and two years later sold the chain to Ramada.
In 1990, the brand became a part of the Choice Hotels corporate group, along with Friendship Inn and Econo Lodge. The Friendship Inn chain was absorbed by the Rodeway Inn and Econo Lodge brands at this time.
In 2005, Rodeway Inn, led by Division President Kevin Bradt, reorganized its franchise structure to attract franchisees to the hotel chain. In 2007, Rodeway Inn was named the fastest growing chain in the hotel industry by Lodging Magazine. As of 2018, Rodeway Inn is still a part of Choice Hotels International.
From 1990 to 2005, the franchise used a revenue percentage fee structure; after that it charged an annual fee per room. It costs approximately $500,000 in liquid revenue to invest in a Rodeway Inn franchise. As of 2018, the franchise offers a revenue percentage fee structure, similar to its sister brand, Econolodge.
The Rodeway Inn Las Vegas Convention Center has a casino, bowling and billiards.
The franchise's hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is called Rodeway Inn and Suites – Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. The branch has day-rooms for cruise and airline travelers with long layovers in Port Everglades. In 2016, Rodeway Inn and Suites, Fort Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port was A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau. In 2015, a study by Port Everglades mentioned Rodeway Inn & Suites as being one of the most popular hotels, hosting 11% of all passengers surveyed. In 2017, the Fort Lauderdale franchise was recognized as one of the Best Hotels Near Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port by Eat Sleep Cruise. Criteria for being selected included proximity, accessible transportation, parking, and affordability. The hotel is 5 miles away from Port Everglades Cruise Port. They have shuttle service to the port, as well as free extended stay parking. The hotel was the most affordable among those compared.
The Rodeway Inn Historic, in Williamsburg, Virginia, blends in with the local architecture. It deviates from the typical style with historic furniture and brick, colonial design similar to the surrounding city.
- "Inline XBRL Viewer". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "Rodeway Inn Franchise". Franchise.org. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Rodeway Inn – Hotel Franchise Opportunity, Development, Motel Franchises For Sale – Choice Hotels International – Accommodations, Inns, Lodgings, Suites Sites site". choicehotelsdevelopment.com. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "Rodeway Inn – Good night. Great savings". Choice Hotels Development. 20 February 2016.
- John A. Jakle; Keith A. Sculle; Jefferson S. Rogers (April 2002). The Motel in America. Johns Hopkins University Press. ISBN 9780801869181. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "A Flexible Stay for a Hotel Franchisee". The New York Times.
- "Rodeway Inn". Franchise Help. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Best of VegasRodeway Inn Las Vegas Convention Center". Best of Vegas. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Cruise Port Hotel Has Day Rooms for Late Flight Travelers". Chris Cruises. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Rodeway Inn and Suites in Fort Lauderdale, FL". Better Business Bureau. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Rodeway Inn and Suites Airport Cruise Port Named Top Fort Lauderdale Hotel by Port Everglades". CBS 8. Archived from the original on 13 April 2016. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "2017 Edition – Best Hotels Near Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port". EatSleepCruise.com. 2017-01-10. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- "Rodeway Inn Hotels – Historic Williamsburg". Choice Hotels. Retrieved 8 March 2016.