Rockstar Interactive India LLP, doing business as Rockstar India, is an Indian video game developer and a studio of Rockstar Games based in Bangalore. Established in 2016, it is headed by Daniel Smith as studio director and employs approximately 500 people. The company absorbed Dhruva Interactive in May 2019.
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Daniel Smith (studio director)|
Number of employees
Rockstar India was established as a studio for Rockstar Games in Bangalore in August 2016. Rockstar Games had previously collaborated with Technicolor SA to house a dedicated art and animation production unit at Technicolor's Technicolor India studio in 2012. Rockstar India was part of the development team on Red Dead Redemption 2, which was released in October 2018. In May 2019, Rockstar announced that it had agreed to acquire a majority holding in Dhruva Interactive, the oldest game developer in India, from Starbreeze Studios. Dhruva's team was to be integrated into Rockstar India. At the time, Rockstar India had approximately 500 employees led by Daniel Smith as studio director. The acquisition of Dhruva closed on 22 May.
|2018||Red Dead Redemption 2||PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Rockstar Games||Developed as part of Rockstar Studios|
- Silent_Jay (13 August 2016). "Rockstar ouvre un nouveau studio en Inde" [Rockstar opens a new studio in India]. Jeuxvideo.com (in French). Archived from the original on 10 February 2019. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Makuch, Eddie (5 October 2012). "Rockstar animation unit opened in India". GameSpot. Archived from the original on 31 October 2018. Retrieved 15 September 2019.
- Schreier, Jason (23 October 2018). "Inside Rockstar Games' Culture Of Crunch". Kotaku. Archived from the original on 24 October 2018. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Winslow, Jeremy (15 May 2019). "Rockstar Games Buys India Studio Dhruva Interactive". GameSpot. Archived from the original on 6 July 2019. Retrieved 15 September 2019.
- Starbreeze (22 May 2019). "Starbreeze has closed the transaction of Indian subsidiary Dhruva". Starbreeze Studios. Archived from the original on 7 July 2019. Retrieved 15 September 2019.
|This Rockstar Games-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|