RocknRollDating is a free online dating website in the United States and Canada focused around the idea that musical compatibility is important to relationship matches. The site generates revenue through advertising.
Type of site
|Online dating service|
|Owner||Daniel House (Founder, CEO)|
|Alexa rank||7,881,972 (April 2014[update])|
RocknRollDating is a free niche dating website launched in 2008 and is focused around the idea that musical compatibility is an important factor in successful relationship matches. It facilitates heterosexual, same sex and polyamorous relationships. The service allows members of the site to search for matches by lifestyle interests, music genre preferences, or by specific favorite band preferences in addition to the traditional gender, age and distance criteria.
RocknRollDating allows its members to "favorite" other members and provides a list of concerts that is searchable by zipcode.
Additionally, the site provides original content including exclusive interviews with musicians and a section called "Dates From Hell,” in which various authors give their accounts of dates gone wrong.
As of February 2011, the site claims to have an active user base between 5–6,000 users.
RocknRollDating is not active anymore. The domain is offline.
RocknRollDating was created by Daniel House, an entrepreneur and musician best known for his contribution to the Seattle “grunge” music movement of the 1980s and '90s, when he served both as bass-player for proto-grunge band Skin Yard and President of Seattle-based independent record label C/Z Records.
In 1998, House began working at RealNetworks, where he was first exposed to the delivery of online content and web technologies in-general. After being laid off in 2001, he went back to school to complete a degree in web development. In 2003, he moved to Los Angeles where he oversaw the development and creation of the now defunct www.DownloadPunk.com, as well as the development and launch of a new website for Shout! Factory.
It was during this time that he came up with the idea for RocknRollDating, which was developed on his off-hours over the course of a year and a half. The site was officially launched on Valentine's Day 2008.
- "Rocknrolldating.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- Tianen, Dave (November 5, 2008). "Web sites help link musical tastes, romance". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- Moran, Charlie (May 14, 2008). "A Dating Site for Lovelorn Rockers". Advertising Age. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- Bonaquro, Alison (February 25, 2009). "Finding Love Through Country Music". Country Music Television. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- Harper, Jason (May 23, 2008). "Now's Your Chance: Rock and Roll Dating Is Here!". Kansas City Pitch. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- "SG Radio Interview w/Daniel House about RocknRollDating". SuicideGirls Radio. September 13, 2009. Archived from the original on September 28, 2009. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- D'Andrea, Niki (June 11, 2008). "Amplified Amore at RockNRollDating.com". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- "A free online dating site out there with a twist". The Bloom Blog. November 21, 2008. Archived from the original on February 23, 2011. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- Port, Ian S. (May 13, 2008). "Do You Need a Woman Who Needs Bad Religion?". SF Weekly. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- "Rock of Love, Rock of Lust". Idolator.com. April 28, 2009. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- Fadroski, Kelli Skye (June 10, 2008). "Foo Fighter seeks his own Dixie Chick". OC Register. Archived from the original on February 22, 2011. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- Behrens, Zach (February 14, 2008). "RocknRollDating.com: Find Love Through the Love of Music". LAist. Archived from the original on July 9, 2011. Retrieved February 18, 2011.