Rock On (The Bunch album)
Rock On is a 1972 one-off album of oldies covers by the Bunch, a group of English folk rock singers and musicians. The Bunch got together in late 1971 to record their one and only album, Rock On. This album consisted of covers of the band’s favourite songs by Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, and The Everly Brothers, amongst others.
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||December 1971 – January 1972 at The Manor, Oxfordshire|
|Genre||Rock and Roll|
|Singles from Rock On|
|Christgau's Record Guide||B+|
Among the Bunch were members of Fairport Convention and others, including Sandy Denny, Richard Thompson, Linda Thompson (credited as Linda Peters), Pat Donaldson, Ashley Hutchings, Gerry Conway, and Dave Mattacks. The same year, Hutchings would echo the album's title in the first of his Morris On series of albums.
- "Crazy Arms"
- "That'll Be the Day"
- "Don't Be Cruel"
- "The Loco-Motion"
- "My Girl the Month of May"
- "Love's Made a Fool of You"
- "Willie and the Hand Jive"
- "Jambalaya (On The Bayou)"
- "When Will I Be Loved"
- "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller"
- "Learning the Game"
Flexi-disc included with original LP
Fledg'ling Records FLED 3042 CD bonus tracks
- Sandy Denny - lead vocals (2,6,7,9,12), backing vocals (3-5,10,11,16)
- Linda Peters - lead vocals (4,9,16), backing vocals (2-7,10,11)
- Ashley Hutchings - vocals (10)
- Richard Thompson - lead vocals (1,5,7,8,11,15), backing vocals (2-7), lead guitar (1), guitar (2-16)
- Trevor Lucas - lead vocals (3,14), acoustic guitar (6), 12-string guitar (9)
- Tony Cox - piano (11)
- Ian Whiteman - piano (2-4,7,9-10,12,14-16)
- Pat Donaldson - bass (1-16), backing vocals (2-7,15)
- Dave Mattacks - drums (2-4,10,16), congas (7,12)
- Gerry Conway - drums (1,2,4-9,11-16)
The Dundee Horns - Horn section
- Strong, Martin C. (2000). The Great Rock Discography (5th ed.). Edinburgh: Mojo Books. p. 333. ISBN 1-84195-017-3.
- Brett Hartenbach. "Allmusic review". Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2010-12-10.
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: B". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved February 22, 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- "BeesWeb - Catch of the Day". Archive.richardthompson-music.com. 2003-10-29. Archived from the original on 2014-02-27. Retrieved 2014-04-18.