Rochester metropolitan area, Minnesota
The United States Census Bureau defines the Rochester, Minnesota Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) as an area consisting of four counties in southeast Minnesota, anchored by the city of Rochester. As of 2018, the US Census Bereau estimates that the Rochester metropolitan statistical area has a population of 219,802. The Rochester–Austin combined statistical area has a population of 259,813 as of 2018.
Rochester, Minnesota MSA
|• Metro||2,507 sq mi (6,490 km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
- Places with more than 100,000 inhabitants: Rochester.
- Places with 2,500 to 10,000 inhabitants: Byron, Dodge Center, Kasson, Lake City (partial), Pine Island (partial), Plainview, Stewartville, Wabasha.
- Places with 1,000 to 2,500 inhabitants: Blooming Prairie (partial), Chatfield (partial), Eyota, Hayfield, Mantorville, Oronoco, Rushford.
- Places with less than 1,000 inhabitants: Bellechester (partial), Claremont, Dover, Elgin, Hammond, Kellogg, Mazeppa, Millville, Minneiska (partial) Peterson, West Concord, Zumbro Falls.
- Unincorporated places: Douglas, Simpson, South Troy, Potsdam, Berne, Salem Corners, Chester, Pleasant Grove, Genoa, Post Town, Danesville
- Townships with more than 2,500 inhabitants: Cascade, Marion, Plainview, Rochester.
- Townships with 1,000 to 2,500 inhabitants: Greenfield, Haverhill, High Forest, Kalmar, Mantorville, New Haven, Oronoco, Salem.
- Townships with 500 to 1,000 inhabitants: Canisteo, Concord, Elgin, Farmington, Gillford, Mazeppa, Milton, Orion, Pleasant Grove, Rock Dell, Vernon, Viola, Wasioja, Zumbro.
- Townships with less than 500 inhabitants: Ashland, Chester, Claremont, Dover, Ellington, Elmira, Eyota, Glasgow, Hayfield, Highland, Hyde Park, Lake, Minneiska, Mount Pleasant, Oakwood, Pepin, Quincy, Ripley, Watopa, West Albany, Westfield.
As of the census of 2000, there were 163,618 people, 62,504 households, and 43,046 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 92.01% White, 2.09% African American, 0.25% Native American, 3.34% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.99% from other races, and 1.29% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.35% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $46,957, and the median income for a family was $55,450. Males had a median income of $35,815 versus $26,738 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $21,287.
Minnesota State HighwaysEdit
- Minnesota State Highway 16
- Minnesota State Highway 30
- Minnesota State Highway 42
- Minnesota State Highway 43
- Minnesota State Highway 44
- Minnesota State Highway 56
- Minnesota State Highway 57
- Minnesota State Highway 60
- Minnesota State Highway 74
- Minnesota State Highway 80
- Minnesota State Highway 139
- Minnesota State Highway 247
- Minnesota State Highway 250