This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robyn Charles Miller (born August 6, 1966) is the co-founder of Cyan Worlds (originally Cyan) with brother Rand Miller. He served as co-designer of the popular computer game Myst, which held the title of best-selling computer game from its release in 1993 until the release of The Sims nine years later. He also co-directed and co-lead designed the sequel to Myst, Riven, which was the best-selling computer game of its year of release, 1997. Miller composed and performed the soundtracks to both games. He also acted in Myst, portraying one of the antagonists, Sirrus (with brother and Cyan-cofounder Rand appearing as Achenar and Atrus). He co-wrote the first Myst novel, The Book of Atrus.
|Occupation||Computer game designer, composer, director, actor|
Myst and RivenEdit
Miller is known for his contributions in the areas of direction and design, especially in the area of visual design—the look and feel of the Myst and Riven worlds. Richard Vander Wende, co-director and co-designer of Riven, was likewise responsible for orchestrating the visual language of that world.
While at Cyan, Miller composed the soundtracks for both Myst and Riven.
In 2005 he worked on a musical project named Ambo, with W. Keith Moore.
In December 2013, he released the soundtrack for his debut film The Immortal Augustus Gladstone in digital format on Gumroad.com.
Miller composed the soundtrack for Cyan's Kickstarter-funded video game Obduction, released in August 2016. This was his first work with Cyan since Riven in 1997. Initially, he had only intended to appear in the game itself (as C.W., one of the few human characters the player interacts with), and had outright said he would not do the soundtrack. After persuasion by his brother Rand, as well as seeing the work being done on the game, he eventually agreed to compose the game's music as well as appear in the game. He stated in an interview that he enjoyed focusing solely on composing, as opposed to the additional production work he had done for Myst and Riven.
- Myst: The Soundtrack (1995)
- Riven: The Soundtrack (1998)
- The Immortal Augustus Gladstone - Soundtrack (2013)
- Obduction - Original Game Soundtrack (2016)
- Obduction Redacted - B Sides (EP, 2016)
- Little Potato (2017)
As a member of Ambo:
- 1000 Years and 1 Day (2005)
- Ambo – Day Two - B-Sides (EP, 2005)
|1989||Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds Beyond the Mackerel||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|1991||Spelunx and the Caves of Mr. Suedo||Yes||Yes||Yes||N/A||No|
|1993||Myst||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Role: Sirrus (uncredited)|
|1997||Riven: The Sequel to Myst||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|2013||The Immortal Augustus Gladstone||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Role: Augustus Gladstone|
|The Hero Pose||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||Executive producer; short film|
|2015||Kill Cash Cow Kill||No||No||Yes||No||No||Short film|
|2017||Little Potato||No||Yes||No||Yes||No||Executive producer; short film|
- "The Sims overtakes Myst". GameSpot. 2006-05-17. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "Game Over". AllGame. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "Riven Full Credits". MystJourney.com. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- Karlin Lillington (1998-03-02). "21st: "Myst" partnership is riven". Salon.com. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "Robyn C. Miller". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "`Myst' Muse Leaves Game Company / Robyn Miller developing film ideas with new firm". SFGate. 1998-03-05. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- ""AWOL in P-Town"". Theimmortalaugustusgladstone.com. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "GDC 2013: Robyn Miller's Myst Postmortem". AdventureGamers.com. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- Bradford, Matt (2014-09-11). "Edge Magazine | GamesRadar". Edge-online.com. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-19. Retrieved 2011-05-17.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Anniversary Two – Huge Obduction Music Announcement! - Obduction - Obduction by Cyan, Inc". Obduction. 2015-11-13. Archived from the original on 2016-10-18. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- Original Sound Version - INTERVIEW with Composer Robyn Miller on the Obduction Soundtrack
- Miller, Robyn C. (2013-04-29). "Status and Vampires | 156 Years and Counting". Augustusblog.com. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- Miller, Robyn. "Video Games & Films". robynmiller.net. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- Robyn Miller – official site
- Robyn Miller – official blog
- Robyn Miller discography at Discogs
- Robyn Miller discography at MusicBrainz
- Robyn Miller on IMDb
- Robyn Miller profile at OverClocked ReMix
- Robyn Miller at VGMdb