Robin Miles is an American actor, casting director, audiobook narrator and audiobook director. Miles has acted in Broadway shows and on TV shows including Law & Order and Murder by Numbers. She is best known for her audiobook narrations and narration director work for which she has won numerous awards including Audie Awards, AudioFile Golden Voice and Earphone Awards. Miles is revered in her field and is credited as one of the audiobook narrators saving the publishing industry. In 2017, Miles was inducted into Audible’s Narrator Hall of Fame. Miles also has a voice training school, VOXpertise, for aspiring narrators. She has narrated over 300 books.
|Education||Yale University (BA, Theater)|
Yale School of Drama (MFA, Drama)
|Occupation||Stage, screen, and audiobook actress|
Miles specializes in recreating “accents and speech patterns from around the globe.”
Life and careerEdit
Robin Miles grew up in New Jersey and credits her immigrant neighborhood for immersing her in a rich world of accents, languages and cultures which she has been able to draw on for her narration work. Miles started in musical theater, but transitioned to drama. Miles graduated from Yale University with a Bachelor of Arts in Theater Studies and she earned her Master of Fine Arts in Drama from Yale School of Drama.
After graduating and moving to New York City, Miles was looking for community service volunteer opportunities. She started book narration by volunteering to read for the American Foundation for the Blind and the National Library Service. 
When she started narration work, Miles was surprised by how ethnically segregated the work was considering it is voice work.
"It was like, 'You do the black books, and you're Jewish, you do the Jewish books.' I was totally shocked," she says. "But, it's kind of morphed. It really started out with such a small pool of people, that the people they had did everything whether or not they could handle the accent and culture. And then, when a little more diversity came in, it was like, well nobody can do anything outside of their yard. And now, I think we're also beginning to hopefully, break through that again."
Miles has narrated a wide range of genres including children's books, non-fiction, fantasy, horror, historical fiction, biography and other genres including the Young Reader's Edition of Kamala Harris's The Truths We Hold.
“What's the best way to tie together a space opera written alternately by four authors? Clearly, it's choosing the capable Robin Miles to narrate….Miles creatively utilizes dialects to differentiate the denizens of several planets that revolve around a dying sun.” AudioFilemagazine of The Vela, 2019
“Robin Miles gives a flawless emotional narration of this superb novel, set in Ethiopia in 1974 and in 1935, on the eve of Mussolini's invasion. Mengiste's beautiful writing already draws fully formed characters; Miles adds yet another dimension to their inner lives by slowing and quickening her voice strategically, adding suspense and fervor to their experiences, particularly those of the tormented protagonist." AudioFile magazine review of The Shadow King, 2019
"The eloquence of Maaza Mengiste’s tribute to the forgotten women warriors who defended Ethiopia from Mussolini’s invasion in 1935 is unforgettably conveyed by the narrator Robin Miles, whose upbringing in the ethnic melting pot of New Jersey has enhanced her gift for entering into character." The Times UK, 2020 
"Miles, who has narrated works by Roxane Gay, Bell hooks, and N, K, Jemisin, excels at technically perfect Standard American dialect but interjects just enough slightly sarcastic pauses and subtly acerbic inflections to emphasize the true meaning of the text." New York Times, 2020
- The City We Became, Audie Award Fantasy, 2021
- Charlotte's Web, Audie Award Middle Grade, 2020
- The Shadow King, AudioFile Earphones Award Winner for Fiction, 2019 
- Barracoon, AudioFile Biography & History, Best of 2018 
- The Stone Sky, AudioFile Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror, Best of 2017 
- American Street, AudioFile Young Adult, Best of 2017 
- In the Embers, Audie Award Drama, 2017
- 28: Moments in Black History that Changed the World, Audie Award, Young Listeners, 2017 
- 28: Moments in Black History that Changed the World, AudioFile, Children, Best of 2016
- The Obelisk Gate: Broken Earth, Book 2 AudioFile Science Fiction & Fantasy, Best of 2016
- Another Brooklyn AudioFile Fiction, Best of 2016
- The Star Side of Bird Hill AudioFile Fiction, Best of 2015
- AudioFile Golden Voice
- American Library Association Booklist, Voice of Choice, 2014
- An Untamed State, Publisher’s Weekly Listen-Up Awards, Audiobook Narrator of the Year, 2014
- Timberg, Scott. "Stars of the spoken word: Meet the audiobook narrators who are quietly saving book publishing". Salon. Retrieved 10 September 2020.
- Robin Miles | Audio Books, Best Sellers, Narrator Bio | Audible.com.
- "An Audiobook Narrator on How the Casting Process Works". www.backstage.com. 2020-03-17. Retrieved 2020-09-15.
- Voice of Choice: Robin Miles, by Joyce Saricks | Booklist Online.
- "Robin Miles". Recorded Books, rb digital.
- "This Legendary Audiobook Narrator Has A Fascinating Process For Getting Into Character". Bustle. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "THE VELA by SL Huang Rivers Solomon Becky Chambers Yoon Ha Lee Read by Robin Miles | Audiobook Review". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "THE SHADOW KING by Maaza Mengiste Read by Robin Miles | Audiobook Review". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- Hardyment, Christina. "The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste audiobook review". The Times, UK. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2020-09-15.
- Wallace, Carvell (2018-11-16). "Two New Audiobooks Inspire Teenagers to Make Real Change". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-09-15.
- "2021 Audie Awards® - APA (en-US)". www.audiopub.org. Retrieved 2021-06-19.
- "2020 Audie Awards® - APA". www.audiopub.org. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "BARRACOON by Zora Neale Hurston Deborah G Plant Ed Read by Robin Miles | Audiobook Review". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "THE STONE SKY by NK Jemisin Read by Robin Miles | Audiobook Review". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "AMERICAN STREET by Ibi Zoboi Read by Robin Miles | Audiobook Review". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "2017 Audie Awards® - APA". www.audiopub.org. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "THE OBELISK GATE by NK Jemisin Read by Robin Miles | Audiobook Review". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "THE STAR SIDE OF BIRD HILL by Naomi Jackson Read by Robin Miles | Audiobook Review". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "AudioFile Magazine Spotlight on Narrator Robin Miles". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "Robin Miles is 2014 Voice of Choice #audiomonth". The Booklist Reader. 2014-06-04. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "The 2014 Listen-Up Awards: The Best Audiobooks of the Year". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2020-08-18.